mikedubai

Standard Bore
after years of harley riding i will add a rocket III to the garage this august from quatar dealership. they will ship it to dubai, where i live.

here you have to follow the say "loud pipes save lives". so, can anyone tell me where i can get aftermarket pipes which will save my life in case and match the r3 ?

good forum, by the way.

Jardine makes a set of "adjustable" pipes.
You alter the noise output by adding or subtracting discs in the muffler.
Some like them open, others, not so much.
Welcome to the site by the way, plenty of knowledge here about your future "girlfriend"..
The "search" function is your friend.
But anything you want to know about her is here somewhere, but if you ask,
we'll sure tell you anyway.;)
Congrats from one x-harley guy to another.
Which Rocket did you order...

thanks for your reply.

i am not 100 % sure about the model to order. the touring seems to be more comfortable ( riding 80% with my wife as passenger ), the roadster seems to deliver a bit more fun. will travel to the dealership beginning of july to decide. your suggestion ?

model

Welcome Mike, if you are riding 80% of the time with your wife as passenger then get the touring. Its more comfortable.

thanks for your reply.

i am not 100 % sure about the model to order. the touring seems to be more comfortable ( riding 80% with my wife as passenger ), the roadster seems to deliver a bit more fun. will travel to the dealership beginning of july to decide. your suggestion ?

Well put my friend. Whichever you choose, you'll love. I have the Triumph sports pipes on mine - called TORs - and really like them. In addition to Jardine, you can also get Staintune which have a deep rumble. Plenty of others too.

Welcome from Australia.

Wow, Dubai huh? Isn't it HOT there? I think I'd be tempted to ride a ****** rocket with a fully covered engine if I was in the heat all the time. The big radiator on the R3 is miserable to be around in traffic when it's that hot. :(

Welcome to the forum Mikedubai. Opt for the Touring, put comfort shocks on it and go have some fun.

Jardines don't have adjustable disks.. you can remove the baffle though.. I love my Jardines and they have gotten attention when needed more than once.. :) Nice rumbly sound at idle too..

I've got Jardines on the 2005 I bought 6 weeks ago. I'n my opinion, way too loud. I've been trying to quiet it down, with marginal success.

I did my homework before buying it. This from the FAQs on Jardine's web site

Q:Is there anything that can be done to quiet them down if they are too loud?
A:Yes, we offer a variety of options to reduce sound on all systems. Ranging from quiet baffles to quiet inserts.

When I called Jardine I explained what I had, that I had read on their web site there were things that could be done, and asked what the options were. The guy on the phone was very rude, said "I don't know where you heard that", and basicly blew me off.

Maybe a touring system is different and can be adjusted. Apparently mine can't. Regardless of what their web site says, if it's not what you' re expecting, it might be too bad.

Back