exhaust tube ZARD 3/1 -Rocket Roadster

romroxy

Standard Bore
Hi everybody,

I just mounted a 3/1 black ZARD on my Triumph RIII Rocket roadster.

After 2 mn riding the heat on my hankle is so strong and that's impossible to support after 10 mn..
That's seems incredible from a company like Zard to let on the market a product which is impossible to use as there are no protections against the excessive heat from the exhaust .
I put straps on the pipe but quite same result...
Do any oy you had a similar experience and do you know if it's possible to resolve this problem?

Thanks for your answers.
Alain

I would think some generic heat shields would work..at least a bit? Why they are not supplied with the Zards is an enigma to me. I have Jardines and heat shields are integral with the product.
Im sure any motorcycle supplier has them.... like JP Cycles.

Having suffered a bit with the heat from my headers over the years, I think that the only efficient solution seems to be exhaust wrap.

Tried fitting shields, which made very little difference, then lined the shields with heatproof reflective stuff - zero difference.

I had a friend with Zards on his R3 who rode 2 up most of the time and he never complained about the heat. It might be running too lean.
I know my bike ran cooler after it was remapped.

I already used wrap on the pipes-not really better... I'm going to try heat shields. If better I'll try to make customized heat shields.
Thanks for your help!

Wrap the headers AND put shields on. I had to do this with my Boss Hoss to make the heat tolerable. Funny that the Jars just don't have this problem!

Back