Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Hello everyone. Picked up my new 15 R3T last Sept. 2015. At app. 200 miles, I saw about a quarter size of corrosion/rust surrounding the exhaust tip exit pipe. Shot a pic to the dealer and they responded with we have ordered you a replacement. Well, it took 2 tries to get a replacement as the first one Triumph sent looked like they kicked to pipe to the US. Second one came in and it "looked" new and was installed. Now I have 1200 miles and the corrosion has appeared again. I'm thinking Triumph simply repaired previous corrosion on my "new" pipe and it has presented itself. Only right pipe as you sit on the bike. My questions are 1. Has anyone else had this happen and 2. Should I just wait to the end of my 2 year warranty period to ask Triumph to replace as I'll probably get another refurbished pipe. The dealer has been updated with pics so I can document my advising the dealer. OR should I just chuck the OEM system and get the TOR pipes???

Mike sorry to hear your problem has returned .If your going over to Daytona stop at the dealer and ask Huel to look and see if they put on another pipe or not.

I should take a pic of my stock exhaust out in my barn, LOL, I ride 4 seasons, stock pipes had the ****tiest chrome I've ever seen on a motorcycle, mine rusted all over within a year, maybe 3 years they were on the bike, might be more rust than chrome now.

Mike sorry to hear your problem has returned .If your going over to Daytona stop at the dealer and ask Huel to look and see if they put on another pipe or not.
Hey Fingers, what's up? I watched the dealer put on the "new" pipe. I just think Triumph just sent me an"refurb" instead of a new pipe and the "painted over" corrosion returned. I'll see what the dealer says. I do want to head to that dealer in DB as I've heard good things about them. Taken care of yourself Fingers!!

I believe they still make the D&D for the R3T. Very nice finish and just a little louder than tors. I like them!

TORs may not be any better as far as the chrome finish goes. When I received the brand new TOR mufflers for my Roadster, the other one had rust in the exhaust tip area straight out of the box. I guess with the so-so chrome finish and no protective oil film from the factory, the corrosion will start already during ocean shipping. This wasn't a problem for me though as I had already planned to have the mufflers sand blasted and ceramic coated.

Back