Exhaust Sealing Ring... grease?

MikeCR

R3 n00b
Ride
2015 Rocket X #112
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone uses Permatex or RTV or anything on Exhaust Sealing Rings when they are putting new headers on... Seems like new rings would be enough but anything worth doing is worth overdoing so...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone uses Permatex or RTV or anything on Exhaust Sealing Rings when they are putting new headers on... Seems like new rings would be enough but anything worth doing is worth overdoing so...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

No...it should not be needed.

Hi Guys,

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Which headers did you get?

I can't remember who just got a set of these recently, I hope he will chime in. I remember he was happy with the system.

Welcome from MN.

I can't remember who just got a set of these recently, I hope he will chime in. I remember he was happy with the system.

Welcome from MN.
On stock pipes high temp rtv is required per the service manual. when I did my rebuild back in 2015 I noticed the rtv was on the copper gaskets that were installed when the bike was built.

Yeah, I have tried in the past (twice) to reuse gaskets (unsuccessfully obviously), not even messing with it this time.

Back