Stevepaff

.020 Over
Ride
2005 R3 classic
Hi guys. After a few weeks of ownership, I've started trying to work out what has been done and what ill need to do to the bike in the future.
I'm unsure if this exhaust is stock of not. Can any one help.
To me it looks like it has a cat bypass, that's if the 2005 had a cat, I'm still new and working stuff out. But o have no idea if the mufflers are stock.
I see no markings on it anywhere to help me. Can anyone identify what's on it.

Cheers
P_20171107_065020_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20171107_065109_vHDR_Auto.jpg

That certainly has a CAT by pass pipe in there, the stock CAT looks like this.

s-l400.jpg

You may have one of these CAT Deletes in there.

45629_cddf7516f8d0c174a2993f35934a77cc.jpeg

Those "may" be stock mufflers, if not TORS, hard to tell from your photo.
The will be numbers on them at the back somewhere.

Thanks Paul. I had another look. I found a number underneath. Although it looks like it may have been cut down a little. Unless they often cut out part of the etching.
I tried to get a photo but not sure how good it will be. My cameras pretty crap lol but you can just make it out on my phone.
P_20171107_075036_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Australian Market only 3 pipe LHS Classic stock exhaust muffler.
The RHS ones are numbered SILENCER, UPPER T2208414 and SILENCER, LOWER T2208415

I have no idea why Australian market ones are different as the earlier 3 pipe Rockets all had the cats in the ugly crossover box.

We do not legally have to have cats fitted in Australia but I never heard of any coming without them.

The later 2 pipe Roadsters have the cats in the mufflers themselves with the similar ugly cross over box without any cats.

Both early 3 pipe Standards and Classics as well as later 2 pipe Roadster and Touring models have factory OEM accessory muffler kits for Offroad use only with more open, loud and free-flowing mufflers (cat free for Roadsters) that are not strictly legal on road. They are called TORs (Triumph Off Road) and only have one part number for the kit which is on both Roadster mufflers but I am unsure how the earlier 3 pipe versions are numbered.

Last edited:
Thanks ishrub for that detailed description. Guess ill be changing the exhaust sometime then. I like this one for now but it could be louder

Back