Exhaust Q's (MadDogs & D&Ds)

jvsimons

.020 Over
Guys -

I am new here, and I knwo this is probably beating a dead horse around here, but I am getting the new ride tomorrow. On the top of the list are new pipes. My main focus is for looks as I don't really care for the splayer out ends and feel pipes look best when they are parallel to the ground and frame. That has lead me to a tough decision between the MadDogs and D&Ds.

Unfortunately, I have not seen engouh rockets with ANY exhaust to get a good feel for sound. I'm looking for something mild to medium mannered and somewhat economical and wanted to know if anyone has experience with both systems to know pros/cons of each.

Performance is probably lowest on my list. My order of "caring" are:
1-looks
2-cost
3-sound (not too loud, not too quiet)
4-performance

right now between 1&2 have lead to the toss-up between the mad dogs & D&D. Unless I am missing another system. I've seen the newR3 shorties (which I really love the look of, but not the price tag), jardines (they're OK, just not my favs), staintunes, and of course the triumph parts...again, D&D and maddogs have the lead and am looking for some advice. Thanks!!:bch:

PS - if you have extras you want to get rid of, I'm all ears :D

D&D's are two pipes only on the right side.
Mad Dogs are all three.
(this is my understanding anyway)
I think the MD's sound deeper and throatier (is that even a word?)
I was gonna go with D&D's because of the two on one side
(a hold over effect from my hardly days)
But another forum member offered me his Mad dogs and I couldn't refuse.
I remember the sound from last year.
Not screamin eagle loud, but very sweet sound.

Pipes

Pipes there's only one answer, Predators for quality, performance, assembly, design and appearances, most importantly sound the best and look, no gussied up off shore set being passed off here.

CAVOK recommends Predators, go with the best available system.

preds are a done deal now tho unless Sam decides otherwise later on.
Cheaper is sometimes better, and IF cost is a consideration,
Then D&D's is the way to go I would think.

Back