Exhaust/Muffler/Silencer Part # Question(s)

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
Considering buying muffler(tha'd be "silencers" to you foreigners ;)) assemblies listed on eBay.com. They are for a 2005 Rocket III. The part numbers are for "AU Market Only" per info on BikeBandit.com but appear to be in all respects the same mufflers that I see listed for my 2006 Classic......but the part numbers differ by one digit.....i.e.......84(Aussie) versus 86(Yankee).....otherwise appear to be identical. Can someone knowledgeable about such things tell me if 2005 muffler assemblies for Rocket III's sold in AU(Australia?) will fit the Yankee(USA) 2006 Rocket III? Should also ask if stuff like this advertised for "Rocket III" will also most likely fit the "Rocket III Classic".....?

Thanks much,

PS When magnifying muffler pictures I see, "US EPA Emissions Approved" even though they are listed as, "AU Only Mkt" on BikeBandit.....????

Last edited:
OK.....no response.....I understand......I'll go for it since no one wants to stick their neck out there......appreciate no one wants to risk misleading me......gambling on stuff is half the fun......isn't it? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
Ive never used bijw bandit so I can not say. If I need a part number I use Hermy's. That neing said are you looking for stock mufflers?

OK.....no response.....I understand......I'll go for it since no one wants to stick their neck out there......appreciate no one wants to risk misleading me......gambling on stuff is half the fun......isn't it? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sorry i can't help but maybe if you add exhaust into the title of this thread you will have a lot of opinions.It's what usually happens just ask @atlsrt44 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ive never used bijw bandit so I can not say. If I need a part number I use Hermy's. That neing said are you looking for stock mufflers?

Yes, ones on my bike all scratched up.......plus I like the slash cut tips on the pipes I'm looking at......... vs the cones I have. thanks.....Hermy's.....will look at that.

Yes, ones on my bike all scratched up.......plus I like the slash cut tips on the pipes I'm looking at......... vs the cones I have. thanks.....Hermy's.....will look at that.
The tips used to be sold separately not sure since the pipes are darn near extinct.

Back