Exhaust Installation

jthree

Turbocharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
I know some may think this is a backward step but...

I rented a bike recently and it was very quiet and I couldn't help thinking how nice it was. Also I'd like to be able to mount a stereo at some point and be able to hear it.

I am contemplating putting my stock exhaust back on. The bike came with TORs mounted and the stockers in a box. The CAT is also in a box.

My questions are...

Is it a big job to switch them out?

Do I have to put the CAT back on?

Will I need to re-MAP. The bike has a PC3 and I believed was tuned on a Dyno.

Potentially stupid question... Is there anything that can be done to make the TORs quieter? It's just that I think they look way better than stock

Cheers

Jthree

I know some may think this is a backward step but...

I rented a bike recently and it was very quiet and I couldn't help thinking how nice it was. Also I'd like to be able to mount a stereo at some point and be able to hear it.

I am contemplating putting my stock exhaust back on. The bike came with TORs mounted and the stockers in a box. The CAT is also in a box.

My questions are...

Is it a big job to switch them out?

Do I have to put the CAT back on?

Will I need to re-MAP. The bike has a PC3 and I believed was tuned on a Dyno.

Potentially stupid question... Is there anything that can be done to make the TORs quieter? It's just that I think they look way better than stock

Cheers

Jthree

Ear plugs for the Tors. Seriously. I won't ride my Rocket and it's Pred's.... without them.

I never ride without them but mostly for wind noise. It's not that the Tors are overly loud, I just figure quieter pipes will allow me to hear music without it being at 250db

J3, if you use the CAT and the Tors it may be quiet enough for you.
The CAT does the most of the Silencing, try it and see.
I'm assuming that the TORS will fit up to the stock CAT.

The best way to do music is from an MP3 player and earplugs. You cut out the wind noise etc., can hear your music with a bit of quality, and nobody else knows what you are listening to.

+1 i use sennheiser cx 300 II in ear buds. they act as an ear plug to keep out wind noise and you can listen to music clearly at the same level you would when on the bus or train. i can still hear other traffic over that too they work quite well

The cat will definately make the TORS quieter, but I think you would need a different map if it's been tuned to run cat-free.

Thanks guys

I've tried the ear-bud thing and, while the music quality is far superior, I felt totally isolated from my surroundings. With earplugs I can actually hear things (cars and sirens) better than without them because they eliminate the wind noise. With ear-buds I found I heard nothing but the music.

I kinda like the sound of the cat delete crossover. Where would I find one?

Huh?
You said you already had the cat-delete.
That's the pipe that replaces the cat box.
Not sure what you're asking...

I didn't say I had it. I said I have the TORs that came with the bike. Does that mean the piece that is there will fit the stock pipes as well?

Back