Rock It

I love to ride
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hi just about to fit a new muffler. Does anyone know which end of the gasket is nearer to the header pipe? The smooth side or rough side? Also do I need to put anything on the gasket before installation? Like silicon or something?

Attachments

• 20190223_125944.jpg
    20190223_125944.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 25
I use nothing on them they have solder material in that seals with the heat. I belive you'll find the soldered end slides in easier as the diameter is more firm. I use the copper gasket stuff above on head/exhaust ports.

Hi just about to fit a new muffler. Does anyone know which end of the gasket is nearer to the header pipe? The smooth side or rough side? Also do I need to put anything on the gasket before installation? Like silicon or something?
did you get answer, I just new ones for mine and cant remember which way they go, lololol

did you get answer, I just new ones for mine and cant remember which way they go, lololol
When you think about the solder end has to go in first. Especially if its for sealing. If you put it in the opposite way all the heavy solder would be out where the compression slits are for the clamping pinch. So you wouldn't get much use out of the solder.
Just thinking out loud here.

When you think about the solder end has to go in first. Especially if its for sealing. If you put it in the opposite way all the heavy solder would be out where the compression slits are for the clamping pinch. So you wouldn't get much use out of the solder.
Just thinking out loud here.
The captains fixer has had his coffee

Back