Excess Engine Heat

KC the dog

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
I have a 2013 R3 Touring and have excessive heat coming off the engine on the Left side. It's as if the radiator is directing the heat over the engine and out that side.

Any suggestions on how to redirect this heat as it is hitting the underside of my thigh to the point of causing a blister or two on long rides?

My momma didn't raise no fool, I winter in Florida. I've vowed that my feet shall never touch snow again. In 61 years, I got enough. 😁
I left Northern Idaho for the same reasons. And being retired I can always visit the snow for a day or two before returning to the warm Arizona sun.

However my problem of heat to the left side is still unresolved. Most of the threads deal with heat on the right side which doesn't seem to be an issue.

I left Northern Idaho for the same reasons. And being retired I can always visit the snow for a day or two before returning to the warm Arizona sun.

However my problem of heat to the left side is still unresolved. Most of the threads deal with heat on the right side which doesn't seem to be an issue.
Believe when fan comes on, moves heat away from radiator and any opening will allow heat to move trying to get out. Try lowering temp. when fan comes on.

That's why I gave the answer I did, I've ridden my R3T all over the country, never had a left side heat issue, just hot pipes in hot weather. I noticed that you have a side car, maybe a strange shift in airflow,I can't really think of anything else, never heard of a hot left side
Someone here made or makes deflectors, possibly something not very expensive you could try, but may make it worse, I don't know what to think

Believe when fan comes on, moves heat away from radiator and any opening will allow heat to move trying to get out. Try lowering temp. when fan comes on.
Do you mean turn down the temp of the Sun? Can't find the thermostat.

That's why I gave the answer I did, I've ridden my R3T all over the country, never had a left side heat issue, just hot pipes in hot weather. I noticed that you have a side car, maybe a strange shift in airflow,I can't really think of anything else, never heard of a hot left side
Someone here made or makes deflectors, possibly something not very expensive you could try, but may make it worse, I don't know what to think
I was considering some type of sheet metal deflector but where to deflect it is the question. As soon as I find out how to install a quick disconnect for the brake line to the side car I will ride it solo and see if I still have the issue. Love the bike, hate the heat. Or just sell the whole combo and ride my other bikes.

Back