Tbone

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster 2008 Not So Standard 2006 Carpenter
I recently put on a new Excedra Max 240-55-16 on the rear and have been experiencing ABS activating too frequently. A couple times I would be coming in hot and it kicked in when I should have been able to slow under normal braking and things got a little hairy. Also was using front and rear simultaneously and front saved me. Only seems to do it at high speeds. Any body experienced this?

I recently put on a new Excedra Max 240-55-16 on the rear and have been experiencing ABS activating too frequently. A couple times I would be coming in hot and it kicked in when I should have been able to slow under normal braking and things got a little hairy. Also was using front and rear simultaneously and front saved me. Only seems to do it at high speeds. Any body experienced this?
What tire and size in the front? It should be fine. I , and many others have the eMax on the back without issue.

Never had a issue with that tire set up. Did have a issue with the ABS awhile back but some window cleaner and a rag took care of that. Sensor and plate covered in dust from the new gravel laid down on the road to the house.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Never had a issue with that tire set up. Did have a issue with the ABS awhile back but some window cleaner and a rag took care of that. Sensor and plate covered in dust from the new gravel laid down on the road to the house.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
It just started after new tire was mounted and I thought it might be the mold release agent on new tire but have about 700 miles on it now and still acting funny. I did do the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Pkwy on it and survived. Maybe I really am sliding?

It just started after new tire was mounted and I thought it might be the mold release agent on new tire but have about 700 miles on it now and still acting funny. I did do the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway and Foothills Pkwy on it and survived. Maybe I really am sliding?
Ive seen that happen before check the abs ring on the new tire it gets out of whack easily during a tire change. Glad mine is a old rocket . Although I'm still pondering the TFC :)

Ive seen that happen before check the abs ring on the new tire it gets out of whack easily during a tire change. Glad mine is a old rocket . Although I'm still pondering the TFC :)
Thanks Warp, I thought about that and took a quick glance at it but looked ok. I'll check it again when I get home from work. Doesn't seem to be an issue at speeds within the posted speed limit. :sneaky:

No problem here with the Excedra Max on my 2013, and an Avon Cobra on the front. Fixin to do the same combo on my 05 too!;)

I've found the Emax good at everything but not great in all roles. What you describe is probably what I consider it's greatest weakness, hard rear brake or abrupt rear brake from over 40mph. For normal riding I find it's more than adequate.

When braking hard I really lean on the front and try to leave the back alone. The 140 Avon front will tolerate so much brake force when warm I can back in the rear of the rocket and enter corners with the back end slightly drifting and just kissing the road, at that point, there's nearly zero braking it can contribute anyways.

Where I find Emaxs best strengths are roll on grip from 40mph+, hot lateral grip cornering, the very smooth way it both releases traction and recovers it, mid corner feel and longevity.

What I find gets the Emax to REALLY hook up is a couple full throttle gears, decelerate do it again 2 or 3 times, then go rip some corners, getting it hot and gummy massively improves it.

Oh, check it's not over inflated, that'll mess it's feel all up.

Back