Evidently I did something wrong when I joined

H2ODog477

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring Black and Red
Just getting back into owning a motorcycle. I have wanted a Rocket since they first came out. I was riding a Harley and retired for a career change. I was going to MMI in Orlando to become a mechanic. Went for a ride one evening and woke up from a coma 45 days later and was told guys injured like I was don't walk out of hospital. I checked out two weeks later.
I intended to buy myself an R3 as a graduation gift. All that changed after my flying through the air and going splat. I have no memory of a few days before wreck. I had at this point ridden 32 years accident free. I hope that was my last. If not at least I will die happy doing what I love to do. I grew up about 15 miles from Sturgis SD, and have lived in Oklahoma since 1982.
Thanks and I will be asking for advice and help.

After having my Rocket for a little over a month (3/1/2018) I love this bike even more than I thought I would. I have only ridden a little over 800 miles because of the fickle weather. I have taken two motorcycle safety classes put on by the Tulsa Police Department. Great classes by good guys and riders. I am in awe of these gentleman.

I live west of Tulsa, Oklahoma and enjoy reading all the conversations on this forum.
Thank You for the site and allowing me to be here.
Joseph Lee

Just getting back into owning a motorcycle. I have wanted a Rocket since they first came out. I was riding a Harley and retired for a career change. I was going to MMI in Orlando to become a mechanic. Went for a ride one evening and woke up from a coma 45 days later and was told guys injured like I was don't walk out of hospital. I checked out two weeks later.
I intended to buy myself an R3 as a graduation gift. All that changed after my flying through the air and going splat. I have no memory of a few days before wreck. I had at this point ridden 32 years accident free. I hope that was my last. If not at least I will die happy doing what I love to do. I grew up about 15 miles from Sturgis SD, and have lived in Oklahoma since 1982.

After having my Rocket for a little over a month (3/1/2018) I love this bike even more than I thought I would. I have only ridden a little over 800 miles because of the fickle weather. I have taken two motorcycle safety classes put on by the Tulsa Police Department. Great classes by good guys and riders. I am in awe of these gentleman.

I live west of Tulsa, Oklahoma and enjoy reading all the conversations on this forum.
Joseph Lee
Bunch of great people here. Been here about 6 months, everyone is welcoming and helpful. You will enjoy this place, just as much as living on Tulsa Time:thumbsup:

Hi H2O, you is one lucky fellow - long live the Rocket Rider!! Welcome to the forum from one of the Brits - Enjoy your time with this happy family of gifted individuals whose knowledge is second to none! Ask any question, and the answer will be here somewhere..Good luck:cool::cool:

Howdy Joseph. Glad you survived!!! Similar thing happened to me in '87. Honda CB 750 Four. Head on with a pickup truck. I was only doing about 40 MPH and woke up about 30 min. later under another car. Could have walked away, but the ambulance crew insisted I take a ride and get checked out. I was more worried about the bike. Never remember hitting. I saw Elvis. If I gotta go, that's a heck of a lot better than dwindling down with dementia.
My baby is a 2010 Touring. Had it a year almost.

I get a LOT of help here from the forum.
Will see you around!

this site is one of the best specialty site I have been a member for a long time and without going into specifics I will say you have joined the best R3 forum there is .bar none enjoy the reading

Joseph Lee

welcome to the best R3 site I will venture to say this is the one and only true forum for R3 you now belong to a family of hundred riders like you and all will welcome your questions and comments .

Welcome to the site for Rocket riders!! I just put over 1,000miles on mine at Daytona bike week. I don"t like to hear "Bike Stories " that start out like yours, but I have grown up around riding and have had my share of road rash. I take it as I was not following "motorcycle protcol" . I still haven't found the bottom of my throttle yet! Glad to here your back on 2 wheels Brother!

Back