Even more forward forward controls - 2020GT

Vorteks

.020 Over
Ride
Explorer
HI all

Im considering the new GT as my next purchase in a year or so. Ive test rode one and I liked it. Only problem is that at 6ft10, the GT is a touch cramped.

Has anyone found aftermarket rests that would allow me to have my feet s few inches further forward, and maybe an inch down? Every google search seems to return a guide on how to adjust the existing footrests :D

If anyone has any other solutions like higher seats or something, Im all ears

I don't think you can go any lower or farther than the maximum position in the forward controls. no aftermarket so far I see.

Will all the tall people (I am 6'1" but somehow memories are flowing back from 30 years ago when I had a coworker 6'5" that use to pat in the head like if I was a child and now feeling like an stub), maybe, just maybe, what about modifying the seat so you basically seat further back and higher? that way, you can have more leg room and to extend the handlebar (if needed) should be easier.

I used to have a Honda like the one in this picture and while I must have look like a religious mantis riding it, the seat and the handlebar its a giveaway on how you can ride it in comfort.... I still remember those Japanese ads with a couple of sumo wrestlers in this little bike.

1629303113139.png

Yeah theres probably wisdom in looking at the seat instead tbh. much cheaper in the long run probably! Ive done that with my Explorer - raised the seat up a few inches. Problem is, sit too high and you feel disconnected in the turns

Back