Euro bikes out riding

Steel

Resident Coonass
Ride
2012 Roadster & 2006 Classic
Where I live most of the bikes on the road seem to be from The Motor Company. Now and then I'll see a few metric cruisers, and a couple of sport bikes. I've only seen 2 Triumphs around here, and no other European bikes. Last week my nephew bought a BMW S 1000 RR. This morning we met up for breakfast, and went took a ride. That thing is FAST! It amazed me that parked side by side, the R3 still got most of the attention. I guess people don't realize how high tech that BMW is. It's got launch control, traction control, front and rear adjust on the fly shock dampening, and probably a few other high tech goodies I don't know about.
20171105_121721.jpg

Where I live most of the bikes on the road seem to be from The Motor Company. Now and then I'll see a few metric cruisers, and a couple of sport bikes. I've only seen 2 Triumphs around here, and no other European bikes. Last week my nephew bought a BMW S 1000 RR. This morning we met up for breakfast, and went took a ride. That thing is FAST! It amazed me that parked side by side, the R3 still got most of the attention. I guess people don't realize how high tech that BMW is. It's got launch control, traction control, front and rear adjust on the fly shock dampening, and probably a few other high tech goodies I don't know about.
20171105_121721.jpg

Sadly that is the model BM that Blastedbones came to grief on during a regular Sunday ride with his mates.
Way too easy to outdo your own skills and the street road conditions with all that track orientated performance at your disposal.

Sadly that is the model BM that Blastedbones came to grief on during a regular Sunday ride with his mates.
Way too easy to outdo your own skills and the street road conditions with all that track orientated performance at your disposal.
Sad indeed. He seemed like a great guy.

Andy was one of the first people to befriend me when I joined the .com site. Still running his tune. :(

I have an "anti" thing about beemers, but their sports bikes are fast and agile. I've thrashed an 800 and grinned all the way.
The bike I really want to try is the KTM 1290 Superduke GT. I think it would be my nemesis
The R3 reminds me every so often it is NOT a track bike. Keeps my speed and "spirit" calmed.
At heart I am more a backroads sports-tourer rider - more sport than tour. But I am concious of mortality.

Great ride for youse!
What happens when YOUR real motor comes home? :eek: :roll: :thumbsup:

Great ride for youse!
What happens when YOUR real motor comes home? :eek: :roll: :thumbsup:
Then me and my nephew are going to the track to see how it matches up to the BMW. I've already outrun his GSXR 1000, but the BMW seems to be much faster. We're both curious to see how they stack up.

How would a 14r with ram air, viking exhaust and a tune from hanso do against a stock 2013 "speed triple r' do?
Buddy made a statement that a rocket might be almost has fast as his triple. We will test next spring

Back