Want to Buy ** FOUND** Engine Up-Date Kit

And probably charged his customers full Triumph price..... No wonder they call them stealers!!!

I wonder how many kits were purchased by other dealers with the same intentions? Is that the reason there are none left????
Quite a few years ago we had members who were proud of the fact that they had two/3/4 kits sitting in the garage so no not just the dealers in fact first of me hearing that dealers were doing that:eek: must have some balls as Triumph would not like it.

Some of us are not hoarders, it's just that we own more than one older Rocket. I've got 2 of the kits. One has been gone through with one of my 05's. The other is for the other 05 that has not been apart yet. When they originally came out, and all the parts listed, I knew it was a heck of a deal. I'll be tearing into the second kit soon, for plugs and plug wires, and an "O" ring or two.;)

Some of us are not hoarders, it's just that we own more than one older Rocket. I've got 2 of the kits. One has been gone through with one of my 05's. The other is for the other 05 that has not been apart yet. When they originally came out, and all the parts listed, I knew it was a heck of a deal. I'll be tearing into the second kit soon, for plugs and plug wires, and an "O" ring or two.;)
I was waiting for you to chime in cooter. I remember you had a few kits.

like you I also have multiple Rockets(3) my 2005 never needed the kit so I never got one, if you are going to use them then you are not a hoarder I am talking about the whoreters(like that one) who get them and sell on to make a profit.

Bump. I have a friend who bought a used 2005 with 20K miles and it appears to have the dreaded backwards torsion damper bearing problem.

T1000009 Silver Engine - incomplete kit would suffice.

I see an output shaft assembly and cover from a 2006 on eBay but the front bearing is incorrectly installed...

Last edited:
Bump. I have a friend who bought a used 2005 with 20K miles and it appears to have the dreaded backwards torsion damper bearing problem.

T1000009 Silver Engine - incomplete kit would suffice.

I see an output shaft assembly and cover from a 2006 on eBay but the front bearing is incorrectly installed...
Its probably got the old bearings in it anyway. Still you can buy it and replace the bearings in it plus it will go in without completely pulling the motor. I did not mention that on farcebook because they already had neurosurgeons telling him he would have to split the motor. And well I just didn't have time to argue with a rock :) tell him ask and find his answer's here not on farce book.

Its probably got the old bearings in it anyway. Still you can buy it and replace the bearings in it plus it will go in without completely pulling the motor. I did not mention that on farcebook because they already had neurosurgeons telling him he would have to split the motor. And well I just didn't have time to argue with a rock :) tell him ask and find his answer's here not on farce book.

OK, I'll pass that along and I told him about this site months ago.

I drank the kool aid too and believed whoever told me back in the day that you had to pull the engine to replace the output shaft - maybe they meant for the whole update/upgrade kit and I misunderstood.

I actually see 5 units and some look OK so just replacing that may be the cheapest route.

Thanks!

IMG_3792.mov

Back