engine missing when accelerating hard

rocket3rider

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 rocket 3
just a note my 05 classic started bucking and or misfiring when I really get on it..otherwise it ran fine and idled normal...upon reading on the forum someone chimed in about the secondary coil wires on the coils,,,the small 14 gauge size wires with the female electrical connectors to be exact...I cant get to the front coil wires its buried up there but I did get to the other 2 coils and checked the connectors and they were pretty loose on there sionce the connectors have a plastic housing around them I just used a small screwdriver to tighten that gap on the female electrical connector and push it back on tighter and ill tell you what..no more misfire when accelerating hard so for any of you who might have a similar problem check that out it seemed to help my bike...

As it is an 2005 model i expect the bike to have at least 50000miles on it;) if it has a few miles on it has the fuel filter been replaced ? I had the same symptoms many moons ago and when I installed the new fuel filter wham they disappeared.
(side note thought the classic came out in 2006)

Back