engine misbehaving at idle

08nzrocket

.040 Over
Hi all , a couple of days ago my bike started idling eratically and almost stalling, I thought it might have been a bad batch of gas. I have used that tank up and filled it up with the highest octane available(98) and problem is getting worse. The miss seems to only appear when the bike is in neutral. The bike is still very ridable as long as you avoid neutral.This is pissing me off as it is all but the dealers problem but was wondering if anyone has any good ideas what would be causing this little issue. I've had the butterflies removed from the secondaries if that makes any difference..

What age is your rocket?

Sound as if it may be the stepper motor or more likely the hoses. Check all the rubber hoses between it and the throttles. See if any are perished or maybe popped off.

Stop putting the high grade petrol in. These are designed and tuned for regular fuel. You are probably fouling your plugs.

Also check the leads at the coils, vacuum hoses, TPS, and reload the tune into your bike.

Seems a lot of people are having similar issues just now. I'm wondering what tune people who have geese problems have in their bikes. Can a "backyard" tune go bad/ be unstable?

Seems a lot of people are having similar issues just now. I'm wondering what tune people who have geese problems have in their bikes. Can a "backyard" tune go bad/ be unstable?
True enough - that goose shyte can really mess with your motor!!!
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Sorry that is just to funny

thanx for that, the bike is a 2011 model but the tune was reloaded about 12 months ago when i was having other problems with a miss in the high rev ranges. the TPS was changed out then also so the hose theory sounds like a good one will look at it soon thanx for the direction

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Sorry that is just to funny

What's funny about it? 2 trained people who I'd say are pretty expert when it comes to such things have suggested to me recently that it's certainly possible. Just seems a lot of people seem to having similar issues and it's always worth looking to see what they have in common. They can't all be getting bad fuel and would be a remarkable coincidence if all are having TPS or crank angle sensor issues at the same time.

Whoa, Richard!!! We were just having a laugh at the expense of your typo, Mate, not your post.

relax Richard I was just laughing at Phil's response to Your Typo!!

I like that saying "don't throw stones if you live in a Glass house" and just had a private giggle till I saw Phil's post

Back