Engine Management Light on and irractic idle,

Brian Eldred

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3
Hi,
Im new to the site.
My 2006 R3 with less than 13K klms on it. The bike has been laid up for 12 months or more.
The other day I moved the bike out of the shed and started it. It ran fine.
Later that day when it came time to put the bike a away it present the following problems.
The engine management light came on and it had irractic idle (seemed like it was firing on 2 cylinders)
What are your thoughts
What does ISCV and TPS mean
Where do you purchase the cable to connect the computer to the plug on the bike
Thanks

Hi,
Im new to the site.
My 2006 R3 with less than 13K klms on it. The bike has been laid up for 12 months or more.
The other day I moved the bike out of the shed and started it. It ran fine.
Later that day when it came time to put the bike a away it present the following problems.
The engine management light came on and it had irractic idle (seemed like it was firing on 2 cylinders)
What are your thoughts
What does ISCV and TPS mean
Where do you purchase the cable to connect the computer to the plug on the bike
Thanks

ask Hanso about where to get the cable or look on this forum under tune ecu
ISCV don't know TPS = throttle position sensor some folks on this site are highly knowledgeable and you will get the right answer .....right guys!!:sleep:

Hello Brian and welcome to the forum. I think your rough idle is actually the 'Limp home" mode kicking in. DO NOT ride any more till you get it fixed. Limp home mode is to protect the engine when something actually bad has happened. The light can mean many things and it does take the computer hook to read which issue it is. But one of those issues deals directly with what you just told us. If possible, you may need to consult a dealer service dept, but hopefully some of our brothers here can give you more info.

ask Hanso about where to get the cable or look on this forum under tune ecu
ISCV don't know TPS = throttle position sensor some folks on this site are highly knowledgeable and you will get the right answer .....right guys!!:sleep:

tHANKS FOR YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE

+1 on the old fuel....
Also wit not riding the bike for so long...... You may have a bad fuel filter????
Clogged injectors.

Where in OZ are you from?
Oh and welcome.
Try the "introduce yourself" forum to say g'day formally.:thumbsup:

Back