Engine light on after evap canister removal.

BackOn2

Standard Bore
Ride
2016 Rocket III Roadster
Greetings all, new R3 Roadster owner and new member of this group. Followed instructions on here for evap canister removal to make room for Stebel horn. All went well until I fired bike up after and now have engine light on. Doesn't seem to be common based on threads I've followed. Has anyone else gotten the engine light after the canister removal? If so, does it clear itself? Only 6 degrees F here right now, so I only managed a half mile around the neighborhood to see if it would clear! Thanks in advance for any help.

Total speculation -- and no I've not had that nor heard of anyone else who has -- did you correctly manage the vacuum lines ?

There is no electrical connection to the canister, so that is the only thing I can think of -- setting aside of course having inadvertently boogered something unrelated in the process.

You're a brave soul taking out the bike in that temperature. I would too, except I don't do ice, and when they've put down salt, I like for there to be a good rain before I go back out.

Just a thought, I left the purge valve dangling and plugged in on mine, with the vacuum parts plugged. And no codes thrown. That way the computer can signal a purge all it wants. It'll never get one, but I am hoping it don't know that!

Back