engine light, light smoke out of exhust, low idle

stretch

.020 Over
I have a 2005 r3 w/ 11000mi. got it with 7000 early this year July. Always ran great. Been riding to work in Chicago about 40 miles away. The last few mornings Its been starting up rough with a low idol and a rich smell of fumes. I'd ride it to the first stop sign about .25 miles and it died out. After I got it running again a few attempts to do so it ran great all the way to the city 40 miles away. On the way home from work same Thing but worse low idol can't believe it kept running sounding horrible, rich light smoke coming out of the jardines, and the engine light came on for the first time since i got the bike, got on the bike and and after less than a mile it ran great all the way home, my neighbor is my mechinic and looking for some tips from anyone how has had a similar problem. Thank you.

Time to check your low tension leads to the coils they corrode and crimp the connects a little with needle nose pliers. This will insure your not getting a erratic spark. CLean the crank sensor. You need to read the code and see what it says this can be done with tune boy you can clear the code plus fix what is wrong. then perform a full ISCV reset especially if TPS unit if you have never had it changed. Use Tune Boy do a full ISCV reset to sync things up if it drifts and starts playing up again my be is the TPS sensor.

Back