Engine guard chaps from Sage Brush

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I purchased the set of engine guard chaps from Sage Brush Designs. I was not too impressed when they arrived due to their very thin material. I have installed them, and they are curling up, I assume due to the heat from the engine or radiator. I don't think I'll be keeping them on for very long. They look very cheesy.
I had Airlite chaps on my Nomad, which was a quality product, but they don't offer one for the R3T.
It looks like I wasted almost $100 on this lousy product. Just a warning.

I have had the Sagebrush on Brahma now for two years without any issues at all. And they catch all manner of precipitation...
RAA 2015.2.jpg
2.9.17b.jpg
Hippo right.jpg

Is there a particular model you purchased @Boog ?

I've seen yours, and had no idea what brand they are, would not have thought you and the OP are talking about the same thing.

Boog, I'm glad that you are satisfied with yours. I'm simply using the forum to relate my experience with this product. Who knows? Maybe they have cut corners on quality since you purchased your set. All I know is that mine are cheaply made, and with flimsy material. I won't be leaving them on very long.

@Joesmoe as far as I know, Sagebrush is the only company that makes them for the R3T. Sage Brush Triumph Engine Guard Chaps, motorcycle accessories/guard covers

@Eric R. I won't call them robust by any means, however thin they may be, they do seem to last. I have done nothing for them except a few rinses with the water-hose. Give them a try through several rain rides then check them out. I will say the engine guards themselves do not provide as much area protection as I would like, but my boots do stay dryer.

Last edited:
I bought a set of these several years ago and although I don't run them very often, I have never had a problem with them. They provide some protection in cold weather and rain. Because the crash bars don't stand out that far out from the bike they can't provide that much protection. They are compact and can be folded away for use a needed.

I'm still thinking about some nice laser cut plastic deflectors that would fasten to the engine guards and provide more protection, but I am still mulling over various design ideas in my head. An easy way to take them on and off when needed without cluttering the bike or marring the bar is part of the problem.

I wish they had made the bars the same size on both sides of the bike. Another issue is if they extend out to far and you should drop your bike they will be in the way and most likely get broken.

Last edited:
Scot, I didn't say I called them. You may call what I'm saying "bad mouthing". I call it posting my opinion on a product that I purchased for my bike, and hopefully giving someone else some good info towards their decision whether to purchase said item or not.
I am not happy with them, but not so much so that I'm going to bother sending them back to Canada and look for a refund.
I took your response as a bit unfriendly. I'm still considering myself a new owner of my bike, and a fairly new member here. One of the good things about our forum, as well as any other forum, is the ability to share opinions and experiences about our bikes and the products that we buy for them.
Based on your almost 5000 messages here, I would think you must realize that.
Have a good day!

Just that a few members posted that they have not had a problem with them that is all I was saying, give them the benefit of the doubt if they are not helpful then slag them to the end of the earth but at least give them a chance, I am in the same situation just now with some handlebar grips I bought online i tried fitting them today and the bloody things will not fit so I sent them an email will wait a few days if no response the slagging will start:D
Now do not get me started about chaps leg type or crashbar type:roll:

Back