Engine/Fueling Probs at 3500 revs week after fitting PCv

Donny

06 Rocket 3 Classic, Tors, RamAir, HansO Tune.
Ride
Rocket 3
Hi folks. Where should I begin.
Ok. My bike is 2006 Classic, cat removed Tors fitted, RamAir filter, Hanso ECU tune and two weeks back fitted PCV and dynoed at my local shop. Dyno went not bad was able to pull out : 142.5 ponies and 151.7 Torque. Bike ran perfect for about a week and then it all started.
At around 3.5k revs in gears 2,3 and 4 engine acts like there is no enough fuel and it all disappears above 4k revs. Could not feel any problems in gears 1 and 5 or on very hard acceleration.
My first guess was that bike's ECU is constantly learning so it changed the map in ECU, but as I have CO² sensor non-ticked in TuneEcu so this should not happen.
Any ideas guys???
P.S. sorry guys for such a long thread!

Did they tune the PC-V while on the dyno or just test it? Do you have an auto tune module fitted?

The bike only trims fuel, or learns, when the O2 sensor box has a check in it. With it unchecked it makes no adjustments.

Did they tune the PC-V while on the dyno or just test it? Do you have an auto tune module fitted?

The bike only trims fuel, or learns, when the O2 sensor box has a check in it. With it unchecked it makes no adjustments.

I actually asked them to make two maps, one high performance for weekend runs and another one for touring.
And No don't have an AutoTune.

Did they do a map by gear?

And by "they" was it Mototuning/DLM, NDM, RPM?

for what it is worth.
in the directions says unplug the O2 sensor plug the O2 optimizer in ......
the stock bike has a closed loop area that is controlled by the O2 sensor. WITHOUT the O2 optimizer the fuel curve can NOT be adjusted below 40% throttle or 3500 rpm.
now i am assuming that means u would have to check the O2 box.
now i am the first to admit i am not an expert but i have been listing to your threads to benefit from the info.
also wondered what would happen if u did eliminate the O2.

for what it is worth.
the stock bike has a closed loop area that is controlled by the O2 sensor. WITHOUT the O2 optimizer the fuel curve can NOT be adjusted below 40% throttle or 3500 rpm.
now i am the first to admit i am not an expert but i have been listing to your threads to benefit from the info.
Did they do a map by gear?

And by "they" was it Mototuning/DLM, NDM, RPM?
I assume they mapped by gears, as why she was running perfect first week ( I rode over 700 km ). Do not want to mention any names as I been their costumer for over 10years and heard only good things about them ;).

I assume they mapped by gears, as why she was running perfect first week ( I rode over 700 km ). Do not want to mention any names as I been their costumer for over 10years and heard only good things about them ;).

Whoever it was, right thing to do is go back to them with the issue.

In the meantime, for the lols, you could plug computer into the PCV and download a copy of the map for us to look at?

for what it is worth.
Hi Turbo2004R4, I'm not a mechanic myself! I assume if its not possible to adjust curve below 40% how it was ok in the first week :unsure:?
Also want to mention that I run bike twice yesterday with checked and non-checked 02 box, with complete procedures downloading map (with TuneEcu) each time and resetting adjustments same problem appeared.
Also thought maybe a vacuum leakage, but did not find any. Checked TPS all good!
Start thinking maybe there is faulty O2 sensor, but engine light should come ON :confused::confused::confused:???

To clear up the o2 confusion:

The way the PC-V manual does it is based on the assumption that owners don’t have the ability to edit ECU parameters directly (as with TuneECU). This assumption drives the need for an “O2” simulator to be installed and provide a 14.5:1 AFR signal to the ECU at all times.

This is done to prevent the ECU from adapting and undoing all the work done in the low throttle sections of your PC-V map by add/removing fueling as it attempts to trim fuel back to 14.5:1.

You can also just uncheck the box in TuneECU, remove the sensor and plug the bung (or not and just leave the stock sensor in place as a plug).

The end result is the same whichever route you go, or if you do both: the stock ECU won’t adapt and undo the tuning work.

In your case it sounds like either the mapping was off or you’ve sprung some sort of vacuum leak that only manifests under certain conditions (split hose etc).

It can’t be an O2 sensor fault, your bike isn’t using one if the box is unchecked in TuneECU, it doesn’t even look for the presence of a sensor and so won’t throw a code.

The way the PC-V manual does it is based on the assumption that owners don’t have the ability to edit ECU parameters directly (as with TuneECU). This assumption drives the need for an “O2” simulator to be installed and provide a 14.5:1 AFR signal to the ECU at all times.

This is done to prevent the ECU from adapting and undoing all the work done in the low throttle sections of your PC-V map by add/removing fueling as it attempts to trim fuel back to 14.5:1.

You can also just uncheck the box in TuneECU, remove the sensor and plug the bung (or not and just leave the stock sensor in place as a plug).

The end result is the same whichever route you go, or if you do both: the stock ECU won’t adapt and undo the tuning work.

In your case it sounds like either the mapping was off or you’ve sprung some sort of vacuum leak that only manifests under certain conditions (split hose etc).

It can’t be an O2 sensor fault, your bike isn’t using one if the box is unchecked in TuneECU, it doesn’t even look for the presence of a sensor and so won’t throw a code.

Thank you Claviger for clearing things up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
So the best guess would vacuum leakage? Or is it possible for PCV to adjust maps by it self ( really do not see this happening as there no 02 real time readings or am I wrong? :confused: ).
And before I put my bike on a Dyne I downloaded and saved the map ( with TuneEcu ) and yesterday I used exactly the same map so there no change in ECU map when I tested her yesterday.

Back