Engine doen't like over 95 degree ambient Temp.

FTL40

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket
Engine runs great at 90 degree and below ambient temp., when the weather gets hotter the engine doesn't like to run it surges. When the weather is cooler and the bike cools off it runs like a champ. It's an 05, just wonder if it could be some kind of sensor, it throws no codes. Like I said if I shut the bike off and start it the next morning there's no problems, only when it over 90 outside. It's not the gas as I've already thought of that and used other top tier stations with same results.

Engine runs great at 90 degree and below ambient temp., when the weather gets hotter the engine doesn't like to run it surges. When the weather is cooler and the bike cools off it runs like a champ. It's an 05, just wonder if it could be some kind of sensor, it throws no codes. Like I said if I shut the bike off and start it the next morning there's no problems, only when it over 90 outside. It's not the gas as I've already thought of that and used other top tier stations with same results.
It's the same with my 05. I always just tend to say it's British lineage. It's just not built for hot weather. Best if you can make sure nothing is interfering with air flow under the tank if your air filter still sits under the seat make sure it's clean and flowing.

Last edited:
It's the same with my 05. I always just tend to say it's British lineage. It's just not built for hot weather. Best if you can make sure nothing is interfering with air flow under the tank if your air filter still sits under the seat make sure it's clean and flowing.
I checked all that, funny it's almost like you get a bad tank of gas they way it runs till it get about 10 degrees cooler. Had my bike since new, otherwise it runs like a champ.

I checked all that, funny it's almost like you get a bad tank of gas they way it runs till it get about 10 degrees cooler. Had my bike since new, otherwise it runs like a champ.
When it gets that hot remember any gaps in electrical plugs and connectors start to widen and hamper flow. I'd check every connection you can and hit with some dielectric grease and see if that helps.

When it gets that hot remember any gaps in electrical plugs and connectors start to widen and hamper flow. I'd check every connection you can and hit with some dielectric grease and see if that helps.
Checked and still has me scratching my head.

That's 185 Fahrenheit, I imagine it does.

I don't run well over 95F myself
Lol, the engine is over 95f when it starts :roll: there is no ambient temp once its runing was my point. Fan comes on about 185f depending where its set. And it starts to loose power at those themps. When the fan comes on 100 rpm drop and hp starts to slide down.

Back