Would the shop manual explain how to do it. A friend has manual.
Not hard on my 08 R3T it's in the manual, just take the hose off the water pump on bottom and I ran water through the system to clean it out and be careful taking the bleed bolt out on the left side I think it's next to the thermostat, but it's right on top of the front of the TB's and the oil tank, a SS bolt that's not magnetic, I dropped mine behind the oil tank tried for 2 hours to fish it out, wound up just putting a 6mm bolt in it and ordering a new one, 15min job took 3 hours, some guys put some paper on the socket to hold the bolt, I put a little piece of clay bar in the socket, worked good, but yeah you take the bleeder out when you drain it a leave it out when you fill the system till it starts weeping out put it in and don't forget the aluminum washer, and continue to fill the system, start it, i took it for a little ride around the block and added a little more, I used Peak Final Charge I got it at an auto parts store, 1 gallon will do it, I wasted a little and still had enough, it's already mixed, not cheap but it has the OAT requirement, and I forget if there's other requirements, good luck 👍👌 if you're wondering its an amber color, looked like the same color was in it.

Not hard on my 08 R3T it's in the manual, just take the hose off the water pump on bottom and I ran water through the system to clean it out and be careful taking the bleed bolt out on the left side I think it's next to the thermostat, but it's right on top of the front of the TB's and the oil tank, a SS bolt that's not magnetic, I dropped mine behind the oil tank tried for 2 hours to fish it out, wound up just putting a 6mm bolt in it and ordering a new one, 15min job took 3 hours, some guys put some paper on the socket to hold the bolt, I put a little piece of clay bar in the socket, worked good, but yeah you take the bleeder out when you drain it a leave it out when you fill the system till it starts weeping out put it in and don't forget the aluminum washer, and continue to fill the system, start it, i took it for a little ride around the block and added a little more, I used Peak Final Charge I got it at an auto parts store, 1 gallon will do it, I wasted a little and still had enough, it's already mixed, not cheap but it has the OAT requirement, and I forget if there's other requirements, good luck 👍👌 if you're wondering its an amber color, looked like the same color was in it.
Thanks for the help. Shop manual shows a drain plug in bottom of water pump,not there,go fiqure. 😊

Thanks for the help. Shop manual shows a drain plug in bottom of water pump,not there,go fiqure. 😊
Yeah it's there just disguised as one that holds the cover on I forget which one, but that's just to drain the pump the one on front.
If you're talking about the bleed screw I thought it was on the front too, took a little guessing!!👍👌🤣

Yeah it's there just disguised as one that holds the cover on I forget which one, but that's just to drain the pump the one on front.
If you're talking about the bleed screw I thought it was on the front too, took a little guessing!!👍👌🤣

Manual is 08 to 16, I don't know why the top bolt is the water pump drain, but I took it out and not much at all came out, don't drop anything behind the TB's and oil tank, even if it's magnetic, I dropped a 4mm hex head socket that I just bought in a big set and refused to leave it back there, I had to take the TB's off and fish it out with a magnet, it's a good set..

LEXIVON Master HEX Bit Socket Set, Premium S2 Alloy Steel | Complete 32-Piece, SAE and Metric Set | Enhanced Storage Case (LX-144) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDLCLM...abc_1K2JEYJKAV0P2ANZEWF3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And you will need one of these if you adj the TBS, comes in really handy, I got it from harbor freight about half that price, and get the bit set, it has security bits in it and everything cheap.

I even got their bike jack, wish I had room for a lift, but the jack works good, buy ratchet straps too, I had some. Gl enjoy the rocket 😅

I wouldn't trust their lift

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-173809.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-173809.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210916-204202.jpg
    Screenshot_20210916-204202.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back