grampi

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3R
I need to add a little coolant to my bike and I noticed the owner's manual calls for a specific Triumph brand and type of coolant. I know that many owner's manuals for many of the manufacturers call for their own brand of fluid types when other brands can be used. Could I just use Prestone, or do I actually need to use what the manual calls for?

I need to add a little coolant to my bike and I noticed the owner's manual calls for a specific Triumph brand and type of coolant. I know that many owner's manuals for many of the manufacturers call for their own brand of fluid types when other brands can be used. Could I just use Prestone, or do I actually need to use what the manual calls for?

what kind of bike do u ride:roll::roll::roll:

I had a water pump put on at the dealer(warranty) and gave them prestone to refill nothing was said.By the congrats on the new(to you) bike enjoy

Make sure it's non corrosive to aluminum. I use what's recommended, it's not like you change it that often. Pretty sure it's different than most car stuff, organic acid blah blah blah, or something like that.

Hi grampi,

I would recommend a coolant that is silicate free. Some cooling systems' seals degrade quickly with silicate coolant, - althiugh I don't know if that applies to the R3 or not. Honda make a suitable product for their bikes.

Regards,
Mark Dunn

Back