Chris smart

Standard Bore
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 roadster
All I’m new to R3 and looking for a few tips, I have just brought a roadster any tips on cleaning the engine and best chrome cleaner.

Thanks in advance Chris....

All I’m new to R3 and looking for a few tips, I have just brought a roadster any tips on cleaning the engine and best chrome cleaner.

Thanks in advance Chris....
You will get lots of great advice on here... and an awful lot of comedians which is par for the course so don't be offended.... I use elbow grease n ACF-50 on my black engine and Autosol on the chrome. Enjoy yer rocket I love mine!

You will get lots of great advice on here... and an awful lot of comedians which is par for the course so don't be offended.... I use elbow grease n ACF-50 on my black engine and Autosol on the chrome. Enjoy yer rocket I love mine!
Thanks John,

First ride on Thursday and I still can’t wipe the smile of my face...

OK - I hope this helps.

DO NOT USE A PRESSURE WASHER.

To clean it - I have in the past used S100 and a bit less elbow grease. S100 washes off with a simple garden hose on spray.

Thereafter ACF-50 is wonderful but it is a corrosion inhibitor - and stays active and keeps creeping for a good 3 months - so on chrome will leave a sort of faint smear look. Whiffs a bit until it burns off the pipes.

I use it all the same. I'd rather be rot-free than shiny.

Back