Empty slot with filler panel on right handlebar switch block ?

Dennis Sumlin

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Can anyone tell me what this would be for if the bike were equipped with whatever it may be. Mostly curious, but f there is a switch to fit the area I may be able to use it for an aux power, heated grips or lights.

pod.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On my '14 R3T that's the "info" button to change the trip meters and set the clock. Mine; however, does not say "Triumph" but has an "I" icon on it.
-MIG

I believe it was originally for markets where the headlights could be switched off. I bought a used switch block off a 99-01 Sprint 955 from a guy in Germany (Ebay, I think). It has that same switch actually installed. I then took that block apart, swapped parts, and mounted the switch in my stock switch block. I use it for my aux driving lights. It only cost 25 EUR shipped to the US. Below are pics of the donor and the completed switch on my Rocket

Donor after removing the switch and installing the Rocket's blank-off plate:

20200429_104928.jpg

As installed in the Rocket's housing and mounted:

20200429_104740.jpg

It's a three position switch
OFF
output 1
output 2 (might be combined 1 &2 ?) Can't remember off the top of my head.

I believe it was originally for markets where the headlights could be switched off. I bought a used switch block off a 99-01 Sprint 955 from a guy in Germany (Ebay, I think). It has that same switch actually installed. I then took that block apart, swapped parts, and mounted the switch in my stock switch block. I use it for my aux driving lights. It only cost 25 EUR shipped to the US. Below are pics of the donor and the completed switch on my Rocket

Donor after removing the switch and installing the Rocket's blank-off plate:

20200429_104928.jpg

As installed in the Rocket's housing and mounted:

20200429_104740.jpg

It's a three position switch
OFF
output 1
output 2 (might be combined 1 &2 ?) Can't remember off the top of my head.

Back