rainman

Seabee can do
Ride
06 classic 2012 victory xr
06 classicwhen I got this one the right hand heated grip didn't work and now the left hand side of the heated grip has stopped working
I checked the wiring and the plug s with a test light and ain't getting no power I have checked the fuses and they r good
Would like to know what else I can check when I start to work on it

If it were me - I would get a multimeter and measure the resistance across the wires that go into the grips. It's perfectly possible that they have a break in them - If so they're toast.

While I am not familiar with the heated grips, if there was a break in the wiring going to the grips from either the ground and/or battery, couldn't they be soldered/shrink wrapped back together?

While I am not familiar with the heated grips, if there was a break in the wiring going to the grips from either the ground and/or battery, couldn't they be soldered/shrink wrapped back together?

Yes.

The wiring going to the grips can be traced and repaired if needed. If the heating coil portion of the grips has failed, then they need to be replaced if you still want heat. Don't forget that the OEM grips have a switch and relay in the circuit.

But I do not have power in the wireing harness under the tank where they plug into
Is there a way to check the relay to tell if it's bad

Did a little work on the rocket today and was able to trace the problem to the rely which was bad .That the good news
The bad news is is that the right hand heated grip still don't work and it has power all the way to the grip
So reckon I'll change them out at a later date

Back