Electrical gurus to the front of the line

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Here is the scenario, 2005 Rocket with the Eastern Beaver headlight kit installed years ago. Within the last year or so the headlights will either have a delay in coming on, or between high and low beam. It can be very short or up to a couple of seconds. Does it intermittently, hot or cold, with no set pattern. Here is what I have done so far, checked all connections, grounds, and coated with dielectric grease, installed two new relays, and dis-assembled and coated the headlight switch. Thought I had the problem solved with two new relays but ****ed if it didn't act up again this afternoon after a long Sunday afternoon ride. Suggestions, recommendations, or is it just the ghost of Lucas rearing it's ugly head........

What relays did you change ? Could be the starter relay. That relay also cuts power to the headlights during starting. Broken wire, making intermittent contact where the wires go past the steering neck ? Crappy connection between battery and EB relays, should be a fuse in between there.

RS,

I have checked, tugged, pulled all of the wires in the EB system to no avail. The relays I changed out were the two in the actual Eastern Beaver harness. I hadn't thought of the starter relay, next on the agenda. Thanks.......

Did you check and clean all your grounds loose or corroded grounds can cause all kinds of strange problems on a dc system. How old is your battery and have you done a load test on it.

Back