captain jack

Turbocharged
Just fitted a PC8 & new headlight wiring harness from Easter Beaver. All seems ok but just started the engine & the warning lights for OIL/TEMP & ENGINE FAULT stay on. I have checked 20A fuse for engine man. but is ok. Does anybody know of any commonality between these two, I don't know where to look.:(

I had no such problem ,maybe you can check all connections and make sure you have not left a connection unplugged. try disconnecting the bat reconnect and see if that helps check your earths .

Just a suggestion to check for common fault .
Just reverse connections and revert to original setup.. you won't have to pull out the new wiring harness.. just replug and check for engine monitor light fault.

If warning lamp is still on then its not related..

Hope I make sense to you

I have had a an auto electrician to look at it today but no luck. Tried disconnecting the new harness from the connector for dip/full beam but fault still there. Now connected up again, all new wiring is working correctly but these two warning lights stay on when engine starts, also now noticed that the odometer reads all the 8's.
I was wondering if it could be that because I've had the battery disconnected to fit the PC8, that ECU or something needs to be reset. I've checked everything that is sensible to check but nothing seems amiss. Maybe I'll have to check everything that is not sensible, maybe start with tyre pressures.:)

Had another thought (dam my brain hurts)if the warning lights & odometer are not working, then what about the speedo. So bit the bullet & took her out for a run, sure enough no speedo. So the whole speedo instrument is not working, this has got to narrow it down, surely a simple fault like a pulled connector where I've been trying to squash in cables under that tank (no room for dust on these bikes). still don't know where to look, any advise is most welcome.:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::):):)

When you installed the beaver did you short (ground) anything on the live side?
Maybe spiked the ECU card or some other electronic thing?. seems stange if it was OK before.

:D me too, I am still learning about R3 ECU system and tunes etc but I seem to remember reading something about tunes through tuneboy pc5 or having an effect on speedo correction, was wondering if you have the pc5 if it might have a corrupt tune file after your battery diconnect maybe. sorry can't think of anything more simple..good luck.. let me know please.

Back