cane corso

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Triumph rocket 111
Before I moved to Toronto from Utah my bike was in the shop they said it was a recall and that I had to do it or I could not licence it here in Toronto so I got it done.
And I was told that it was something to do with my ECU. I was getting an average of 30-33 mpg and whatever tune they put in I got 15-17 mpg.

So I phoned the Triumph shop in Utah and they said just ask to have the 05 ECU tune back in, so I brought it in to the Triumph dealer here and they said Triumph erases the tunes when they get new ones so they have no idea what was the tune for 05. They ended up putting in the tune for the ECU for after market exhaust I'm getting a little better gas milege about 20-22 mpg far cry from 30-33mpg.

I have K@N filters and Jardine exhaust with tune boy. If anyone has this set up that has a 05 Rocket and is getting about 30-33 mpg if they could tell me the tune that they are using for the ECU that would be great.
Thanks Kevin

If the Triumph dealer loaded a new tune, they over wrote whatever tune you loaded using TuneBoy.

TuneBoy loads a tune into the ECU, the same way the dealer does. If you had a tune for your 3 K&Ns and Jardines loaded from TuneBoy, you will need to reload it. No factory tune will work with your set up and I doubt any dealer will touch TuneBoy.

But my Tune boy is separate? Don't they need my Tune boy # to get into my tune boy? and is they don't have my number how would they beable to change my tune boy? I was told that the recall was just to change the tune for my ECU? That my Tune boy was not even touched they say they couldn't of changed that because they didn't have my code # to change it? So they said if I could find some one that still has a 05 rocket with the old ECU code # then they could put the same one in then everything should be the same as before? At least thats how I understand it.

When they loaded a new tune that loaded over whatever tune you loaded with Tuneboy. Use your cable to connect to the ECU then reload the appropriate tune yourself. Stay away from the dealer and the stock tunes.

But my Tune boy is separate? Don't they need my Tune boy # to get into my tune boy? and is they don't have my number how would they beable to change my tune boy? I was told that the recall was just to change the tune for my ECU? That my Tune boy was not even touched they say they couldn't of changed that because they didn't have my code # to change it? So they said if I could find some one that still has a 05 rocket with the old ECU code # then they could put the same one in then everything should be the same as before? At least thats how I understand it.
something you need to understand is that TuneBoy is not a unit in it self it is simply software and cable that overides the Triumph Ecu software and the key is merely how it gets past the Triumph security the Triumph dealer can just as easily load a tune (but interestinly are unable to make changes to a tune) that replaces the Tune you put in with your TuyneBoy, TuneECU creates its own key to over ride the Triump security and does the same as TuneBoy but is limited in its capabilitys but I gues that is why you pay the big bucks for TuneBoy where as the TuneECU is free bar the cost of $20 for a cable.
I hope this helps you to understand where you are at

So when Triumph in Utah put what ever Tune they put in for the recall they over ride my Tune Boy? Then When I bought my Tune boy I had a choice as I remeber pay $200 and something and comes with different maps or pay $100. and something and they went into tune boy and put there own tune in and gave me a # so when ever they or some one esle wants to go in they could change it? These guys here didn't seem like they new what Tune boy is , I told them I have tune boy and they said they never seen it when they were in the computor and I said they need my #.
So I paid all that money for dyno, tune boy set up and now I don't have it:(
I don't know how to put it in my self :confused:

Yes I still have a copy of my dyno run, Paul you can put it back how it was thats great.
send me your address and let me know when the best time to come over.
So do you need my # to get into Tune boy as well?
Thanks Kevin

Yes I still have a copy of my dyno run, Paul you can put it back how it was thats great.
send me your address and let me know when the best time to come over.
So do you need my # to get into Tune boy as well?
Thanks Kevin
If you have the # and know someone who owns a Tuneboy cable you can at least load a canned tune to suit your set up from the TuneBoy libary so all is not lost but to get the best yes you wil have to get another Dyno tune If you don't have the cable you should contact Tuneboy and buy a cabkle explaining to them what has happened:)

Back