ECU Lockout and Powercommander for supercharging

Discussion in 'Rocket Performance' started by late2ride, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. late2ride

late2rideRocket roadster playing as a tractor

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2017 Rocket iii Roadster
    I'm waiting for my TTS Performance Stage I supercharger to arrive. I was informed that new rockets (mine is 2017) may lock out access making tuneECU users look for alternatives. I'd like confirmation of this and suggestions from experienced folks on the forum. I think Powercommander V is an option but it's going to cost me $400. Has anyone gone that route with a new roadster and have experiences to share? I am also getting headers & crossover pipe from a guy in New Zealand (Paul Bryant, viking exhaust). Also I plan on removing the CAT from my stock mufflers to open up the air passage.

Tripps likes this.
  2. Jvheli

JvheliSupercharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2016 Rocket Roadster
    I can comment on the ecu. Should be the same as my '16. No issues with tuneecu. However Richard at TTS should supply you with a base Tuneboy program. You will have to at a minimum buy a key from them to use it tho.

Regarding cutting the stock cans. Man, dont do it. They are great boat anchors tho....im sure @Paul Bryant can supply or recommend a better option.

Tripps and Idaho Red Rocket 3 like this.
  3. Claviger

ClavigerHP Junkie extraordinaire

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
    For TTS Fueling direct all questions to TTS....

In general, you'll need a few things.

TuneBoy (haha **** those guys) or TuneECU to have direct access to fueling, ignition, and other settings.
    Powercommander V - Because it's just plain better than the stock ECU for fueling on highly modified bikes.

4. late2ride

late2rideRocket roadster playing as a tractor

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2017 Rocket iii Roadster

What do you have to say about the Ignition Module and Auto tune kits? Power Commander V only adjusts fuel correct? Will a supercharged beast benefit from dynamic spark adjustment? And I have no idea about the AutoTune product. I heard somewhere bad things about it however and suspect a good dyno tuning is the best way to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice