ECU Lockout and Powercommander for supercharging

late2ride

Rocket roadster playing as a tractor
Ride
2017 Rocket iii Roadster
I'm waiting for my TTS Performance Stage I supercharger to arrive. I was informed that new rockets (mine is 2017) may lock out access making tuneECU users look for alternatives. I'd like confirmation of this and suggestions from experienced folks on the forum. I think Powercommander V is an option but it's going to cost me $400. Has anyone gone that route with a new roadster and have experiences to share? I am also getting headers & crossover pipe from a guy in New Zealand (Paul Bryant, viking exhaust). Also I plan on removing the CAT from my stock mufflers to open up the air passage.

I can comment on the ecu. Should be the same as my '16. No issues with tuneecu. However Richard at TTS should supply you with a base Tuneboy program. You will have to at a minimum buy a key from them to use it tho.

Regarding cutting the stock cans. Man, dont do it. They are great boat anchors tho....im sure @Paul Bryant can supply or recommend a better option.

For TTS Fueling direct all questions to TTS....

In general, you'll need a few things.

TuneBoy (haha **** those guys) or TuneECU to have direct access to fueling, ignition, and other settings.
Powercommander V - Because it's just plain better than the stock ECU for fueling on highly modified bikes.

For TTS Fueling direct all questions to TTS....

In general, you'll need a few things.

TuneBoy (haha **** those guys) or TuneECU to have direct access to fueling, ignition, and other settings.
Powercommander V - Because it's just plain better than the stock ECU for fueling on highly modified bikes.

What do you have to say about the Ignition Module and Auto tune kits? Power Commander V only adjusts fuel correct? Will a supercharged beast benefit from dynamic spark adjustment? And I have no idea about the AutoTune product. I heard somewhere bad things about it however and suspect a good dyno tuning is the best way to go.

Back