mikemartin88

.060 Over
Ride
'07 Standard with Jardines, triple K&Ns and TuneEdit ECU Map; '92 FLHS
OK guys, need some help. I finally replaced the stock airbox setup with trip K&Ns per Brian's instructional post(thanks, for the post, Brian, and thanks again for the filters, Patrick!). I had the bike put back together and went to load the new tune map using Tuneboy. So, I connected the bike to the computer, turned on the ignition and launched TuneEdit. I opened the tune map I had downloaded, and clicked the download button (which was yellow). The progress bar zipped along, and it said the tune had been downloaded, turn the ignition off and on again. Here's where things went screwy. Now I get a message in the lower left corner that says "unlock sent to OT2". The red LED on the cable flashes a few times, then flickers and goes out. Tuneboy acts like it's not communicating with the ECU. I tried connecting with TuneECU, and the little light in the lower right corner flashes red a few times, then goes out, and it gives me a dialog box saying the computer and ECU are not communicating, turn the bike's ignition off and on again. I seem to be connecting to the ECU using the "Connect to ECU" command, just not communicating with it. Also, when I turn the ignition on, the gages light up, lights come on, needles peg out then go back to zero, but I can't hear the fuel pump whining like I used to. Any and all ideas/advice are greatly appreciated. I'm freaking out thinking I may have fried my ECU somehow!

Mike

Is this the first time you used TuneBoy? There is a "recover from failed download" option that might help.
No, I loaded a tune back when I first got the bike, but haven't used it since. Thanks, I'll look for the "recover from failed download" option.

i have read that some used a bat charger while doing the down loads.
might check voltage .

Thanks, man, worked like a charm, I was freaking out!

install the EB kit with the headlight switch so you can turn the lights out while connecting to computer this way your bat stay fully charged while you upload and download

Back