Trexdave

.020 Over
Ride
2010 rocket 3 roadster
This is the deal long story short. I attempted to load a tune to my bike 2010 r3 roadster. After the tune loaded the bike failed to start and had a trouble code for instrument cluster ID. I attempted to reload my original tune that I had saved. About 40% into it I frozen and said that it failed. Now I can't get the bike to power the ecu or connect to tuneecu. Am I screwed or is there a way to fix this.

This is just one of the many reasons I am waiting for Brentune to finish their tune for my new R3GT. I would go to the dealer first, if they want you to purchase a new ECU I would give Brentune a call and ask if they might be able to throw it on the laptop and take a look at it for you. Never hurts to ask ??

Just a little early to panic.
First of all make sure main bat cables r cleaned and tight. Charge battery and keep charger on while programming.
Some say remove the light fuse so it's not draining batt and don't forget to replace it when u finish or it won't start. Also clutch lever in and in nuetral.
U can check the diagnostic connector for power and ground the third terminal is for comunications if i go to shop tomorrow i can check mine and give u the info.
If bat is up try to connect again sometimes it a pain in the ass to connect

The main ecu relay is not being triggered. The relay is triggered by the ecu itself. There has to be an additional source power to the ecu that I believe would be from the gauge cluster. When I cycle the key the gauges sweep but them the check engine light doesn't stay on. I did not check the diag connector.

Never heard of anyone bricking their ecu with tuneecu, but many times, including myself , it takes multiple tries to successfully load a tune. Freezes or glitches, but eventually takes. Battery must be 100%, I hook up a trickle charger in addition to pulling the headlight fuse.

Probably just calling it wrong.
When u turn on key it activates the engine management relay and power to ecu, fuel pump ect
Can u hear fuel pump run a couple of seconds? with key on.
Will engine turn over
Head light on then goes out when you hit starter button?

The main ecu relay is not being triggered. The relay is triggered by the ecu itself. There has to be an additional source power to the ecu that I believe would be from the gauge cluster. When I cycle the key the gauges sweep but them the check engine light doesn't stay on. I did not check the diag connector.
I found it is not powered by gauge cluster. I did find a wire that goes from run switch to ecu.
Diag connector does have power.
I also tried a different computer with tune ecu.

Probably just calling it wrong.
When u turn on key it activates the engine management relay and power to ecu, fuel pump ect
Can u hear fuel pump run a couple of seconds? with key on.
Will engine turn over
Head light on then goes out when you hit starter button?
No fuel pump no engine management rely no crank. Looking at it more the bike I have was sold as a roadster and appears to be a roadster but the electrical schematic seems to match the touring, more than roadster.🤦‍♂️

That's weird. I almost mentioned I have an extra ecu, but it's for a Touring. Picture of the bike?

No fuel pump no engine management rely no crank. Looking at it more the bike I have was sold as a roadster and appears to be a roadster but the electrical schematic seems to match the touring, more than roadster.🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20220417_085838.jpg
    20220417_085838.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220417_085855.jpg
    20220417_085855.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 42
Back