R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2472cc Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
anyone with EBC front pads find they rattle about in the calipers?

mine do a lot, most noticeable when i hit a bump freewheeling. i put new anti rattle springs in, no difference.
the other brands i've used were fine.

Something always rattles on mine when I hit a bump, especially when freewheeling - never found out what it is yet. Thanks for the clue.

threw the stock nissins back in since they had 2.5mm pad left on, rattle gone and bike is nice and solid sounding now again
what was the story with EBC pads is beyond me

I've had mine in for about 6K miles and haven't noticed anything. If it starts I'll know where to look. What I thought was interesting is that the dealership where I get mine serviced installs EBC pads instead of the stock.

I am noticing that the EBC's wear faster than the OEM pads. But then again... I'm running harder with the Carpenter kit... so that may explain the increased brake pad wear.

Anyone try the EBC rotors that Flipmeister has? Do they compliment the EBC brake pads better; as opposed to the stock OEM Rocker rotor?

I seam to be going through rear disc pads quite quickly, this may well be that I'm very much a rear brake rider, only using the front brakes (together with the rear) when hooning through hills or when I really need to stop in a hurry.
What sort of milage are Captains getting from a set of rear disc pads ?

The last set were SBS, the ones I've just installed are "Premier" brand.
The SBS ones lasted me 3925 miles. :sad:

I seam to be going through rear disc pads quite quickly, this may well be that I'm very much a rear brake rider, only using the front brakes (together with the rear) when hooning through hills or when I really need to stop in a hurry.
What sort of milage are Captains getting from a set of rear disc pads ?

The last set were SBS, the ones I've just installed are "Premier" brand.
The SBS ones lasted me 3925 miles. :sad:

I was very surprised by this. I primarily use my front brake with the traditional 70/30% (approximately) braking style. For control braking, as in the twisties, I sometimes don't use the rears at all.

I changed out my front pads with EBCs from Flipmeister at about 25K and the original's were still at about 30 percent. I bought the rears meaning to change them out later on. However, when I took it in for the 30K service on a Thursday evening, I told the mechanic that I needed it on Tuesday without fail and to go ahead and fix anything that needed it, thinking that there really were no issues. I was departing for Idaho to meet N1 for the Packwood Salvo. As it turned out, the mech tried to contact me Saturday afternoon to tell me that my rear brakes were toast with about 10% of the pads left. I was on a ride and had left my phone at home so he correctly took the iniative and replaced the rear pads. It was a huge surprise to learn that the rears had worn so quickly in view of the way I brake. Something is just odd about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back