Easy Off Saddlebags

JohnnyCanuck

Supercharged
Hello all,

I have the OEM Triumph saddlebags and have never used them simply because of the hassle of having to unscrew 50 screws to take them on and off the bike. 90% of my riding will be without the bags but I would like to have them on for day trips or longer. Has anyone used any type of after market accessory to adapt the OEM bags so that they can be easily snapped on and off? Any recommendations? Thanks!

No , but i'm seriously thinking about it. Got a set of quick-detach on the set of bags that i use now. Quick detach is the way to go. Thinking about swapping them onto some OEM bags i just got hold of. Width with the Q/D brackets is a bit of a worry. Had a saddlemaker trim 12mm ( half an inch ) off the width of last set of stockies i had.

Canberra to the rescue yet again ... there the ones i have (couldn't remember the brand) on the Wolf Creek bags i've been using , love'em.

I don't understand :( I have the Triumph bags and rails, and only two bolts on each bag,everything comes right off, I have only the shrome side peices showing, however the bags have Flips bag stiffeners also... I would take a pic. and post it, but I don't know how to post a pic.:confused:

Only four bolts holding the saddlebag frames to the bike but a dozen screws holding the saddlebags to the frames .. that's what he was saying.

or check out the Stainless Steel Aussie version of Ghost Bracket as seen On my bike I got them from Bibble Bar in Qld heres a link I love them if you live near coastal air you should always consider S/Steel, powder coating will chip and the rust begins
heres a link Motor Cycle Accessories | BibbleBar

Great info as always. I just went through some old posts and sounds like the Easy Bracket is preferred over the Ghost brackets because the Easy Bracket is actually made to fit each separate model of bike whereas the Ghost bracket is adjustable. You'd think adjustable is better but apparently said adjustability has caused some Captains difficulty in terms of fit and possible bag shake.

I also watched the Easy Bracket how to video and they instruct users to drill 4 holes straight into the saddle bag to install the Easy Bracket. On the other hand, I've seen a picture of one of the Captains who has installed the Easy Bracket onto the OEM saddlebag bracket and then attached both brackets to the bike. It seems that employing 2 brackets (OEM bracket + Easy Bracket) between the saddlebag and the bike would create a significant gap. Anyone have experience with this set up? Thanks.

Back