Early Roadster Tuning 3-1

Penner

Supercharged
Ride
Honda Helix Kawasaki W800
I got a 2011 Roadster with a 3in1 exhaust.
It had the small KNs and removed secondaries.
I made a map for it and finally removed the muffler from the can.

Attachments

• DSCI0062 - Kopie.JPG
    DSCI0062 - Kopie.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCI0050 - Kopie.JPG
    DSCI0050 - Kopie.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 2
These 3in1 solutions are the best bang for you bucks and you can adapt a big choice of cans.
But as there is just one outlet, you have to make it big enough to get the exhaust gases out.

Last edited:
Just keeping it good looking could be a challenge....but I see a single outlet as potentially the best for torque!

Hi Penner what was the internal bore of that silencer with the baffle removed?

I am putting together a 3 into one system myself at the moment. TTS header with 2.25" exit, stepping up to 2.5" internal bore silencer and another step up to a 3.5" tip. Hopefully that will flow nicely. The header exits in the same place as the original, exhaust tip length is 4", silencer length is 12" and the link pipe will bring the total length to somewhere between 22" and 24" between the header and exhaust end.

I really hope, that someday I will understand exhaust systems. Meanwhile I have seen too many good looking ones that did not work. And the other way.
The baffle was about 1,25". The open exhaust about 3".
My guess is that a 3in1 with stock header needs not more than 2" diameter silencer to get full power at high revs.

At first I did not believe the guy who came with the Hayabusa and told me it would be the same output with just header......

Back