Dyno tune. I'm sure its on here somewhere but..

Allan S

Simple African lad with a Rocket
Ride
2016 Roadster-skunk
I want to have a dyno tune done after fitting exhausts and a Ramair but the local Dynojet shop told me that they cant do it unless I get a Power Commander 5 or similar first because the Dynojet wont talk to the stock Triumph ECU. Kinda like my wife and me when I get in later than I said i would. That true? (about the PC5) and in which case what type of Dyno will talk to it?

No Dyno talks to the ECU. That being said the dyno operator is the translator between the two. What the Dynojet shop is really saying is I do not know tune ecu or Tune Boy I only speak Dynojet and do not want to take the time to be diversified no matter how much more money it will make me !!!!!!

Oh and if I were to learn other free tuning software I will not make the extra cash between the dynojet price to me and what I sell it to you for!!!!!!!!

I want to have a dyno tune done after fitting exhausts and a Ramair but the local Dynojet shop told me that they cant do it unless I get a Power Commander 5 or similar first because the Dynojet wont talk to the stock Triumph ECU. Kinda like my wife and me when I get in later than I said i would. That true? (about the PC5) and in which case what type of Dyno will talk to it?
Been down this road recently - couldn't find anyone who knew (or wanted to know TuneECU) so I went for the PCV and a tune - My bike has Ram Air and and a Supertrapp with the racing open end...The change was pretty good- 146 HP and 152 Torque, with no real fall off in torque till 5500 rpm (which i don't plan on doinganytime soon)...He's mainly aHarley guy and he couldn't believe it when it redlined at 160 MPH
fullsizeoutput_383c.jpeg

Another perspective, which makes perfect sense to me: the guy "near" me said, he prefers Power Commander because the work is much more efficient for him. The bike is running while he is measuring, and he can make adjustments on the fly. With Tune ECU, he makes a run, has to shut off the bike, make adjustments, do another run, and so on.

He said in round numbers, he would charge ~$250 for a session with PC, and ~$400 for a session with Tune ECU. He did allow as how with the cost of PC, it could be wash, depending on what a customer wants.

PC5 is a product he sells to work in conjunction with his Dynojet dyno. It is all he knows. I would say he is not a "Real" tuner.
A wee bit harsh (I would say he is not a real tuner) he might have quite a few dollars invested in equipment for Dynotune and the majority of his work is probably Dynojet as are I would say the majority of bikes ., we always hear about Dynojet tuners and very seldom Tuneboy or tune ECU tuners but then again I could be talking through a hole in my you know what:D

Back