Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Hello all and thanks for your help in advance. I was on the bike this weekend, as we had a biker weekend for charity in my city. They had a mobile dyno there. I have wanted to run mine to check to make sure my map is accurate with my fuel and of course wanted to see where my HP was at. I was tired of seeing all these people crowd around to watch all the "run of the mill" harleys on the dyno. I decided to put mine in line to go in. the Dyno guy was very excited to run the 09 R3T as he said he has a couple Triumphs at home, but it has been a couple years since he has run an R3 on the dyno.

We got it up there and set into place and he could not get a reading on the RPM on his dyno. I am not sure how this works as i am new to the R3. Can anyone tell me how we would have got this to work? He was frustrated and it grew quite the crowd, all to just pull it back off the dyno. I plan to take this into a local shop in the next week or two to have it run and i do not want them to have the same issues with getting it to read on the Dyno.

Your bike does not produce enough power to activate the dyno, buy a Harley:p:D
UGH, it was so obvious! I should have been able to tell that my bike was inferior by the the sound of the thunderous V-Twin and the arrogant guy standing there with the harley bar and shield on every single piece of clothing and accessory he is wearing. I am going to go back to my hole and cry in the corner.......thanks for pointing that out Scot.

Simple inductive coil pick up over the low voltage side of s coil, right side, just under the gas tank, pink and brown I think from memory on coil pack 2.

RPM is not totally required for power only runs.

Simple inductive coil pick up over the low voltage side of s coil, right side, just under the gas tank, pink and brown I think from memory on coil pack 2.

RPM is not totally required for power only runs.

He tried clamping onto every wire he could under the tank and could not get it to read anything. We was unable to get the RPM to read and then he told me that he would run it to check the power and could not get it to read on the computer. I was really excited to see where i would be.

I've had mine on a dyno twice at a Harley dealer, they had no problems. My Sprint ST 1050, they couldn't easily get to a tach signal, so the readout only gave HP.

Back