Lucifer Orange

Rocket Man
Ride
2004 Triumph Rocket 3 Tribal
Hi Everyone,

My 04 Rocket is currently at my local dyno tuner and I think he's taking the piss out of me so here is my question to all of you who have had their Rockets on a rolling road.
Has anyone ever had their radiator cap blow whilst running on the dyno?
The garage claim mine has blown, this being the 4th excuse as to why my bike is not ready; the others being staff illness twice and not quite ready. There was f*** all wrong with the rad cap before it went in, never leaked or anything and she has just been serviced and I do like to ride in the manner for which she was designed.
Looking forward to your replies
John

Hi Everyone,

My 04 Rocket is currently at my local dyno tuner and I think he's taking the piss out of me so here is my question to all of you who have had their Rockets on a rolling road.
Has anyone ever had their radiator cap blow whilst running on the dyno?
The garage claim mine has blown, this being the 4th excuse as to why my bike is not ready; the others being staff illness twice and not quite ready. There was f*** all wrong with the rad cap before it went in, never leaked or anything and she has just been serviced and I do like to ride in the manner for which she was designed.
Looking forward to your replies
John
No issues here.....and the rad cap blowing off sounds fishy.....its not like the oil cap.

Now if they had it off and didnt replace it properly I could see coolant getting all over the place....

And the result is...? Nothing quite like exposing a cheat? Or was it a legitimate issue??
Keep us updated!
The bloke was full of S**t. He fitted pcv and auto tune and claimed to have put a tune in the bike. Didn't put it on a rolling road. Then tried to bill me for the rolling road. I didn't pay. To be fair the bike is running better but I hate liars so he's off my Christmas card list.

Back