• Err can I have it somwhere in the middle please mate

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
Guys.

Take a look at this dyno run graph posted on the social media by a local turner .

Power commander and setup on a 2010 Rocket lll .

Has it lost to much torque and at the bottom for the sake of more up top

dyno 2.PNG

Last edited:
I think this dyno chart is Ok. I think what is shown here is the RPM point the throttle roll on start for the run was at different RPM. Before began at 1200 and the After began at 1800. Truth is an engine like the Rockets should be run at 2000 or higher. Sure you can go lower, but below 2000 isn't a good spot to be cruising.

Guys.

Take a look at this dyno run graph posted on the social media by a local turner .

Power commander and setup on a 2010 Rocket lll .

At first when I looked I thought yes that's a reasonable gain up top :thumbsup:

But hang on look what its lost between 1500 and 4500 rpm :eek:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong ? but surely that's the rev range where you do 95% of your riding

I'm mean how often do get up past 5000 to 6000 rpm ?

How often do you ride through or at 3000 rpm ?

dyno 2.PNG
So I'm really disappointed with this graph.

Not sure what your after but the graph looks pretty normal. I hope yoy don't think all the power should be there at the start. This aint no Allis Chalmers and your not pulling a three bottom plow.

Last edited:
I think you are reading the graph wrong. You are comparing the line for torque output against the one for bhp.

The lines that you should be comparing are the ones that closely follow each others path. So the two steep blue and red lines are bhp before and after. So it makes roughly between 5 and 15 more bhp through the rev range from 2k onwards. And between 5 and 10 more lb/ft torque between 2k and 6300rpm

The tuned line makes more torque and HP from 2300-Redline.

I think you're reading it wrong.

Regarding trade off:

It all depends how you ride your bike! Do you ride like this:

Or do you ride like this:

If it's more like the top video, yes a slight loss in bottom end torque is very worth it. It allows more precise throttle control on corner exits and more gogo when you keep it wound up.

Last edited:
First there is no reason to lose any power at low revs with a Powercommander.
Second is that the rev limiter seems to come in earlier in the second run. I am pretty sure that this is just a wrong dyno adjustment. But it raises torque reading.
So to me it just looks like a bad job.

Back