trapper

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R111 T and 2012 R111 Roaster
I was thinking of trying Dunlop D251 tires on my R 111 T and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I am just plain tired of buying a new back tire every 5k to 6k miles. I know my friends use Dunlop tires on their HD's and they are getting between 10k and 12k. Any where near that would be a 100 percent improvement.

Trapper

On all my bikes I have had only one tire that would last 10,000 miles, and it was because the bike was rather light and the tire was made for heavier bikes. Otherwise I have come to regard 5000 or so to be average for a tire made to the weight of the bike. But if you've shopped around and not got any satisfaction, but the D251 is yet to be tried then by all means go for it. I do hear that the Avon Cobras have good staying power on our bikes. That will be what I go to next.

The rear tire I just replaced on my Vtx was a Dunlop. It had just over 13k miles. I had them on my Vulcans too. Good tires.

Last edited:
I got 17,600 miles out of the last Dunlop Elite 3 that was on my R3T. It makes a good mate for the D251 I run on the front. Next change I will be going with the Elite 4 on the rear.

If I were to get less than 20,000 miles on a rear tyre then I would be very disappointed. Fortunately, the only tyre that has happened with so far is the OEM Metz - at 5,500 miles. The 130,000 have been fine. :D:ninja:

I was thinking of trying Dunlop D251 tires on my R 111 T and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I am just plain tired of buying a new back tire every 5k to 6k miles. I know my friends use Dunlop tires on their HD's and they are getting between 10k and 12k. Any where near that would be a 100 percent improvement.
Trapper

The Dunlop D251 is an EXCELLENT tire!
I have used at least a dozen on my V2K and l-o-v-e them!
If they had one in proper size for my R3R, I'd run it for sure!

The Dunlop D251 is an EXCELLENT tire!
I have used at least a dozen on my V2K and l-o-v-e them!
If they had one in proper size for my R3R, I'd run it for sure!

They sure look good and I don't think it is possible for them to get any worse mileage than the Metz's so I am going to give them a try.

Trapper

• THE BEST TIRE YOU WILL BUY. And they don't wear very well if you use that big beast for what she was made for. However, you might get about 8k out of a set. They grip better than anything out there. You will need it in the rain. These (Touring) things are very top heavy. I don't think you will be disappointed

Back