Dunlop Elite III

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
Last edited:
Ah thanks for that they claim it to be a high mileage tyre but also claim it is good on the wet which had me wondering as most good wet weather tyres don't always last that long

They also seem to indicate wear resistance has been improved.
I wonder if this is an improved version??

Last edited:
i have them on my victory and the first set i got bout 17000 on the rear but could have gotten a little out them the front i changed at 19000 believe i could have gotten bout 22-23000 out of them but i believe the rocket is a little heavier than the victory is but i like the tires

i have them on my victory and the first set i got bout 17000 on the rear but could have gotten a little out them the front i changed at 19000 believe i could have gotten bout 22-23000 out of them but i believe the rocket is a little heavier than the victory is but i like the tires

awesome mileage out of them. probably get 1/2 on the Rocket....

half will still better than I have gotten out of the last few tyre's not including the current Michelin, mind you the Mich commander 2 has only done a tad over 1000 km and nowhere near showing any wear, just find the ride is a tad more harsh (vibration in front end) than the 150/80 tyres, upcoming trip to Philip Island will tell as I am going to put Dyna beads in front just incase it was not properly balanced, could also be the smaller tyre has stiffer sidewalls

I have been running Bridgestone's . The rear is maybe 10mm smaller than the stock size. I got a bit over 10K miles with my first one. There was still some tread on it. I change mine early if I am going on a trip. Also nice they are about 1/2 half the price of the stock size.
BTW I run through the Ozark mountains. Lots of twists and turns. I am happy with the performance . If you need the actual size contact me.

Discussion of tyres in particular would be much easier if people listed below their avatar what their bike is. For some reason that info didn't come across from the old version of the site but it taxes my memory to try to recall what everyone rides. If you're on a touring your comments have little relevance to anyone riding a Standard/Classic/Roadster - different sizes front and rear and different options available.

Back