TheKid

Top Fuel
Ride
2007 Rocket III Standard /2010 R3T
Well I just put my new tires on my 2010 R3T and I love them. They roll around turns like it is on cruise control. It made a world of difference in the bikes handling. I hit a couple of wet spots, but haven't ridden in the rain. They seem to really grip.
The stock 880 metzlers were so cuped that the bike vibrated. Thats at 2000 miles. I put up with it until 5500 and had enough.
I hope Triumph takes a look at these Dunlops. The Metzlers were too slick in the rain.
I hope the 251's give good mileage. I'll post later about rain ridding.
The Metz had about 2k left on them

What tire pressures are you running?

I ask because I got about 10K out of the Metz with no cupping. I could probably squeeze another 1-2K from them but I've found they tend to wear very fast when its over 100 degrees so I'm replacing them Friday.

Heat,speed,throttle pressure(quick start/stop) and road surface contibute greatly to tire wear..I am on my 3rd set of Metzlers..I replace mine in March/April so I have new tires for vacation travelin'..The fall/winter/spring rideing is limited to local hwy and I watch the tire wear here at home..I had 10900 on 1st set,10400 on 2nd set and currently have 7200 miles on my 3rd set,may get 12-13000 on this set as a lot of interstate miles this year thru 8 western states.Keep us posted on those Dunlops...the Harley guys love them!!!

This is my 3rd reply, but my laptop keeps goofing up!!! Anyway, I was running factory settings, 41 and 36.

Well anyway, they are very good for this bike. I love them and for $338 or $336, delivered to the door from JakeWillson.com I think it is a great deal. I hope they handle good in the rain, as the ones on the Harley were great. Best long mileage and rain grip, between Avon, Continential, and a few others. That price is for front and rear.

Back