Drive splines dry!

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
I’ve seen other posts noting a similar issue. Lubricating the drives splines was noted as an item when my bike was repaired last year as they also did a service. Today I had the back end of the bike apart and figured I might as well lube the drive splines. Totally dry metal... a little dusty stuff, likely dried out grease. I don’t know if that can happen within 2000kms but it seems to me another good reason my bike never goes back to that repairer. The number of things I’ve found not quite right since I got it back or that doesn’t seem consistent with work they say they did is astounding.... oh well she’s good and lubed with a high quality moly grease now! Moral of the story - Check your drive splines!!!

Most shops are not aware of the service. Not listed in the Manual under maintenance but is listed under bevel box section.

I would not think MolyB would dry out that fast. We used it often on various helicopter parts and we would have to wipe the old stuff off before applying the new MolyB. Granted, those would be regular scheduled periodic inspections, (7-day, 14-day, 30-day and so on). But these birds flew low over saltwater and hovered there for hours in between inspections. Or would fly in the sandy deserts.

I would not think MolyB would dry out that fast. We used it often on various helicopter parts and we would have to wipe the old stuff off before applying the new MolyB. Granted, those would be regular scheduled periodic inspections, (7-day, 14-day, 30-day and so on). But these birds flew low over saltwater and hovered there for hours in between inspections. Or would fly in the sandy deserts.

Ive used moly on lots of mechanical stuff over the years too.... never seen it dry like that.... plus even if did they must have only put a very thin coat..... the parts looked dry and just a bit of reddish discolouring that wasn’t rust.... properly greased and there should have been more residue....hence I suspect hasn’t been touched since built

Back