Drilling standard pipes

Rocketrob61

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket111
Hi fellas , need some help in relation to drilling out the pipes on my 08 rocket , I have read posts on the drilling process but is it bad for the motor if I remove all the baffling and leave the cat in tact , what needs to be done to the motor if any ?

Hi fellas , need some help in relation to drilling out the pipes on my 08 rocket , I have read posts on the drilling process but is it bad for the motor if I remove all the baffling and leave the cat in tact , what needs to be done to the motor if any ?

So why, may I ask, would you do that? The CAT is the most restrictive part. Are you going for a different sound or performance? How do you propose to drill it out?o_O

Hey I am going to be straight and honest with you, get yourself some TORs they will sound better and give you better performance, honestly you will be wasting your time, save up and the wait will be worth it

Thank you Hans, but unfortunately I don't make a 3 pipe Cat Delete, only to suit the Roadster and the Touring.
I agree with the other Guys, there's no need to drill out the stock mufflers, there's not much to gain inside the stock units.
Can the CAT would be a better idea.

silencer2.jpg

Thank you Hans, but unfortunately I don't make a 3 pipe Cat Delete, only to suit the Roadster and the Touring.
I agree with the other Guys, there's no need to drill out the stock mufflers, there's not much to gain inside the stock units.
Can the CAT would be a better idea.

silencer2.jpg
That's a shame was that one you made a one off?
Well there are others out there unfortunately for you I just sold the one I had, it was a StainTune one and was a bit pricy but well designed, if you look around there are others out there, Triumph also made one too, they may still be available

That's a shame was that one you made a one off?
Well there are others out there unfortunately for you I just sold the one I had, it was a StainTune one and was a bit pricy but well designed, if you look around there are others out there, Triumph also made one too, they may still be available

I am the lucky fella who happened to score HansO's StainTune cat delete (thanks mate!) I just thought I'd ad that before I happened across that one I did contact my local Triumph dealer and was told the Triumph cat delete pipe is no longer available. I second HansO in relation to Paul Bryants cat delete - it is a real piece of art and I would be very keen to acquire one for myself if he were to make some more (hint hint ;)).

I could build another 3 pipe CAT, either as per the one off that you have seen Hans, or any other layout, I've seen most others that are out there so could make something.
The problem is A) I'm flat out with production as is, and B) I have other developments happening that I need to get out there on the market first.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against a 3 pipe CAT project, it's just the time factor.

I remember someone here who drilled the cats out of his pipes and posted pictures to go with it. If you do a thorough search you may be able to find it and see what he did.

bob

Back