Dreadful footrests position on Roadster

Deleted member 6158

I cant stand the footrest position on my 13 roadster, the bike is great but my hips f---ing kill me. Im used to cruisers not sports bikes and I have been riding since I was 8 and im now 55, without a rest, so im bloody tired. So I have purchased a set of Raask movable footrests. The idea seems great, I can set them in the most comfortable position for me. I intend to fit them this weekend. has anyone fitted these already and if so are there an issues or things I need to know. The good thing about this system is I can replace all the original parts if I need to.Thanks.

Welcome Roadhog,
Interesting looking set-up. I think I'll end up with another set of Revco floor boards.

First of all, g'day and welcome to the forum.

Secondly, if you want to swap your Roadster for my Classic with the floorboards then let me know and we shall make it happen. :cool:

Hi , nope i don't think I want to swap the bike, I like the idea its not very old and has all the updates, but its just not comfortable for me. clearly it will be for many others , just not me. so I have added two inch risers, lowered the rear end an inch and put on Hagon Nitros, just need the footrests in the right place and its a good long distance cruiser, which in my view it should always have been. suppose they changed the stance to bring in none cruiser riders.

First of all, g'day and welcome to the forum.

Secondly, if you want to swap your Roadster for my Classic with the floorboards then let me know and we shall make it happen. :cool:

Hi , nope i don't think I want to swap the bike, I like the idea its not very old and has all the updates, but its just not comfortable for me.

If you both want to, you can switch the classic floorboards for the roadster pegs, It is an easy swap.

S/F

B

Yep will do, but I was hoping someone will have used the Raask movable footrest kit and have some feedback?

Just FYI -
Pix of what I did to my 2012 R3R:

My Brake Board.jpg My Shift Board.jpg

Just FYI -
Pix of what I did to my 2012 R3R:

My Brake Board.jpg My Shift Board.jpg

My understanding and from what I've read on here its quite expensive to do the conversion (please correct me if I'm wrong). i would love to have boards...I hate pegs and especially the position of them on my Roadster. At least if they were more forward or you could buy forward controls I could live with that. As it stands right now if I ride any distance I take my Fatboy only because it is way more comfortable. Gotta find a reasonable solution as I would love to take my Rocket for a long ride.

Back