Dragon Raid

JoDon

.020 Over
I am heading up the Dragon Raid The Dragon Raid this week and was wondering if others from the forum are attending. I did not see any other posts regarding it but seems to be a pretty big Triumph event in the Southeast. This is my first year attending, but there are many from the local RAT groups in the attending.

Let me know if you are going or even if you are near by and want to ride for a day... I will be heading up on Thursday morning and returning on Sunday.

Don

I might be down there Thursday. I've got to be in Maryville for a wedding that weekend. I've got a 5hr ride there so I won't get there until Thursday afternoon if I do come. I had no idea this was going on!!

I'll be down there sometime Thursday evening and plan on riding on Friday for a little bit while there's a break in the wedding party stuff.

I hear ya... Have several routes mapped out in North Carolina so I will be spending a lot of time there to. Also noticed they said they will have Sobriety checkpoints on Saturday. I can barely navigate the Dragon sober, I can't imagine what it would be like after a few drinks.

Two observations from the Dragon this past weekend.

1. Driving through the Dragon in a cage can make you downright nauseous.

2. Nine (9) THP Motor Cops riding 2 abreast on the Dragon will run you off the road as they cut over the yellow line in corners. Yes, I know this for a fact.

I don't know what THP thought that they were trying to accomplish this past weekend with their STEP program (Supplimental Traffic Enforcement Program, a.k.a., Screw The Entire Public). They are not going to slow down the squids that use the Dragon for their personal race track. They are not going to stop some heavy cruiser riders from having a few beers at the Tallassee store. All it did was cause more animosity between the tourist rider community and law enforcement. Stupid, stupid stunt by THP. Why don't they do something truly useful and life saving like banning trucks on US 129 like NC did?

I was there this weekend also and I saw the same thing from the THP. Being an LEO myself, I was shocked at their riding style and what they were trying to accomplish as well.

Back