Downed Frustrations .....

Boss man

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket3
So I got an estimate to repair the Mistress. Ins company is going to total the bike. Gonna have to buy it back and fix myself. It really is not this bad. Oh and since I laid it down to miss the other individuals, I am 80% at fault. Really?
I would love to share a copy of the estimate , all $7600 of it but this won’t let me load a .pdf.
Was told bike is worth $5000 by back as salvage for 1100. Looks like I will have winter project.

D7BC7938-6A44-46B9-AD47-2B664322541E.jpeg
C3DB138A-81A2-42B6-BD79-29AC62E6F628.jpeg
59532270-CD39-4AEC-A405-4F9AEA338294.png
1AFEC651-EBE9-4E40-9C33-B276484AF5B3.png
0A160C1C-56FA-425C-B0E1-DC178A4541CE.jpeg

fwiw, the payout on my '05 was $5800 which more than covered my repairs (like you're planning, i did all the work myself).
the bike was NOT salvaged. i was shocked. i know book value and i think i just got lucky.
of course, my crying like a little girl may have had an effect as well.
"PLEASE SIR, DON'T TOTAL THE BIKE! IT'S ALL I HAVE!
WELL, THE BIKE AND THIS CHAIR.
OKAY, THE BIKE, THE CHAIR AND THIS LAMP BUT THAT'S ALL, I SWEAR!"
i was able to save some money by buying parts for some great folks on this forum and also ebay.
my gas tank (painted new for my bike in england) was the most expensive part at about $765 and took a month to get here.
that's actually a terrific price for a painted gas tank (for any bike anywhere).
the mufflers were the 2nd highest cost part at around $460 (parts and labor).
the truth is that my bike is probably in better shape now than before the accident.
if i can be of any help or if you'd like to discuss privately, just shoot me a message.
all the best!
IMG_5485.jpg
IMG_5486.jpg
IMG_5488.jpg
IMG_5489.jpg

Sheeitt, i just saw the pics of your bike, eerily similar to mine but i did not have my beetle bags on the bike. those girls are expensive!
the slide damage is very much like mine but your hard bags appear to have protected your mufflers.
kinda weird but you can see a bunch of folks in the reflection of your bear claw.....

So I got an estimate to repair the Mistress. Ins company is going to total the bike. Gonna have to buy it back and fix myself. It really is not this bad. Oh and since I laid it down to miss the other individuals, I am 80% at fault. Really?
I would love to share a copy of the estimate , all $7600 of it but this won’t let me load a .pdf.
Was told bike is worth $5000 by back as salvage for 1100. Looks like I will have winter project.

Change it to a JPG file.
I use Photo Shop Elements - easy peazy!

There is a snipping tool that is a part of windows. If you use search it should pop up. I keep it in my tool bar. It allows you to copy and save anything as a PNG. Very useful for this site and Facebook.

Love the devotion to put her back together. Best of luck

Last edited:
Back