Down to 20 MPG (8.5km/L)

R3Rx118

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3Rx118
Hey guys, any thought on what's going on here? I got a new map to go with the Ram Air and slip on and now I'm running down at 20mpg, or 8.5km/L.
That to me is some really bad gas mileage. I don't care about mileage, but I also don't see any reason to be running that rich that my fuel economy would suffer that much.
Currently with just these mods there's really not a large enough change in performance to justify these numbers.
And since my exhaust system order has fallen through, I'm thinking of just going back to stock everything.
I've messaged HansO about it, but I don't want to bother him as I know he's on the mend and has enough things to worry about.
Thanks

Last edited:
It was from HansO. 20776 TORSMap3rd Gen unrestricted decel plus 5. This was originally the one he gave me for the slip on. I added the Ramair and am still running this same map. He said it would be OK until I got my full exhaust system, for which he has sent me a map for but I haven't used that one yet.

I am not familiar with that tune but your fuel consumption is about double that of my Roadster. I have the WaynTripps tune, R3R slip tune I think it is on Tune ECU. Maybe you should try another tune or re run your tune back in.

Yeah. I was much higher prior to this tune. I wouldn't have been surprised with losing a little MPG, with opening the secondaries, etc., but no way did I think I'd be at 20 mpg. Doesn't add up but I'm no tuning expert which is why I was relying on other for some guidance on this.
What exactly is the tune called I should be looking for? I'd go over this with HansO to see if he could help but as I said I know the man has some healing to do and I want to leave him alone.

Last edited:
I would think you should be getting between 28-32 mpg.More knowledgeable members will be along soon with answers.

That was kinda where I would have expected to be. When I ran it down to empty to check, I was quite surprised. Even with the sucky gas gauges these machines have.

have u got the original tune u can reload and start over?
did u remove the cat mufflers if not they r probably junk by now.
if u chose to eliminate the o2 sensor then it is not going to help to fine tune the mixture.
all i did with mine was to open 100% above 3500 rpm and raise the rev limiter a little and i average 33 per gal and i now have 35000 miles on her.

no way can u figure gas mileage from the gas gauge.

Back